Technical and How-To Articles Post your Tech Tips and How-to articles here. Photo illustrations welcome

REALLY fast idle after carb deep clean on Kawasaki Prairie 360

Old 09-27-2018, 09:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REALLY fast idle after carb deep clean on Kawasaki Prairie 360

I think I already know the answer to this -- I bought a used 2006 Kawasaki Prairie 360 last week, and it would only run on choke. My primitive mind said "clean carb" so I did. When I went to start it immediately after reassembling it, it wouldn't turn over. I thought I had killed it, so I cussed at it and went inside for the evening. The next day, I saw it there in the garage, cussed at it again, then hit the button just for kicks -- STARTED RIGHT UP!! But it idled incredibly fast even with the choke off. My guess is I have to turn the gas/air screw in a couple of turns and that I miscounted how many turns to back it out. Does this sound right to those of you out there who are smarter than I am? Here's my secondary question: Would it make sense to adjust it using the idle adjustment screw sticking out of the carbeurator instead? Do they both achieve the same goal of leveling out the idle? I never touched the idle adjustment screw sticking out of the bottom, but obviously removed the mix screw when I cleaned out the pilot jet. That's why I think I will use that adjustment to get the crazy idle under control. Thanks everybody!