Loncin no spark

Old 11-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loncin no spark

Hey all. I have a 125cc Loncin dirt bike with no spark. It has no electric start just a kick. At the CDI I have a pulse from the pick-up and power from the stator going into CDI. Nothing is coming out of the yellow and black wire (this goes to the coil). I have bypassed the kill switch by disconnecting the ground wire into the switch.It is my understanding is that it grounds the CDI to prevent it from sending spark. Stator,coil,and CDI are new. Its a very simple system and it is giving me grief. I tested grounds for continuity and tested them all to the engine--all good. I tested all of the power wires for continuity and they are all good.
Any advice at this point would be great.
Thanks

Old 01-23-2015, 07:10 AM
Trailblazer

It's pretty straight forward, wire harnass, stator, cdi, coil, kill switch or key switch, if you replaced them make sure you got the right part, some stators look the same but wires are different, some stators don't work with certain hubs (magneto, flywheel) if you have a key, most bike you can just unplug it to bypass, kill switch just unplug, simple as that, replace everything till it works, parts are cheap, you can buy everything new for under 100.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2 or 4 stroke

Originally Posted by Eager to Help
Hey all. I have a 125cc Loncin dirt bike with no spark. It has no electric start just a kick. At the CDI I have a pulse from the pick-up and power from the stator going into CDI. Nothing is coming out of the yellow and black wire (this goes to the coil). I have bypassed the kill switch by disconnecting the ground wire into the switch.It is my understanding is that it grounds the CDI to prevent it from sending spark. Stator,coil,and CDI are new. Its a very simple system and it is giving me grief. I tested grounds for continuity and tested them all to the engine--all good. I tested all of the power wires for continuity and they are all good.
Any advice at this point would be great.
Thanks
If it is a 2 stroke, everything is straight forward. If it is 4 stroke check the timing Chan, chan tensioner. Also check to see if it is AC or DC if mixed you will not get spark