Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Versa-Haul

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Versa-Haul

I just bought a Versa-Haul, ATV carrier for my pickup. I have a 1994 chev 1500 with an add-a-leaf. It will be carying a 2004 trailboss. I have yet to use it and was wondering if anyone else has one and what they think of it.

Old 07-11-2004, 05:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Versa-Haul

> I just bought a Versa-Haul

I was just looking at these myself. Have you used your carrier yet? If so, what do you think of it?

Thanks in advance,
John

Old 07-11-2004, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Versa-Haul

I have used my carrier a few times now. If you ask me it is worth the $$$$$$. Just a little tip------ I use 2 comealongs to help support it. At first I used ratchet straps and they worked fine but I like knowing that with the steel cables of the comealong it is not going anywhere!!! Really easy to set up, and stores in the corner of my garage. I live in a condo and we are not allowed trailers. That is why I got it, but now that I have it I couldn't be happier. Check back in a couple of days and I will have some pictures of it in use.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Paul

Old 07-12-2004, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default Versa-Haul

If your talking about the rack that goes in your hitch that carries an ATV I have one. Mine is made by bdiracks.com.. I've had it for two yrs.. I put air bags on my F-150 so the tail wasn't wagging the dog.. I drove 700 miles each way from SLC to Glamis and Dumont and back last year.. Worked great. I got a lot of weird looks. I have roughly 3500 miles on my rack and no problems w/ my truck or the rack. I have put a 400ex, Z400 and a Cannondale on it.. Pics in my sig in the Z400/Cannondale folder.....

Old 07-12-2004, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Versa-Haul

Check out my gallery, I posted pics of the carrier in action.
Works great!
I just posted them should be up soon.

Old 07-31-2004, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default Versa-Haul

I think you are supposed to have a Class lV/V hitch with those. The normal Class lll isn't sufficient. Is that what you are using?

I considered one for the rear of my 5th wheel trailer but decided the weight and frame mods necessary to make sure it could withstand the bounce were probably more trouble than they were worth. I like being able to roll it onto the back of the truck like that though. No trailer to license, store, or insure.

Old 08-01-2004, 03:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Versa-Haul

A class III hitch would work for "most" Sport Quads. But if you have a utility, I would get the Class IV.
Better to go big than small. Prices really are not that different.

Class III hitches have tongue weight of 350-500

Class IV hitches have tongue weight of 500 - 1400

Hey Jimmy G (jag8102)? hehe.
I think this Versa-Haul is your answer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Who loves ya??? If you read this, call me.
Or go to the WHERE TO RIDE section (in the "navigation" bar above),
and look for us in Puget Sound Area Riders

Old 08-01-2004, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default Versa-Haul

Class IV all the way. When it's locked down, it becomes part of the chassis. If only I had a bigger motor in my truck it would be perfect. Right now.... it still gets the job done. I highly recomend them to any one who doesn't have room or is not allowed to keep a trailer where they live. Also like spd said" no reg. or insurance. Whick in New Jersey is a big deal.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]