Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Toy Haulers

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 06:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toy Haulers

After much searching, I bought my first toyhauler (still shopping for quads).

It's a used 30' 5th wheel Patio Hauler, formerly Kit, now sold under Extreme. It has some features I really like, that I think are particularly suited to ATV's (as opposed to road bikes or whatever).

It is a seperate garage model with a weather tight exterior type door between, and the floor of the garage has gaps between the slats. No fumes, and you can hose the mud/sand out of the garage and it just drains through the floor.

There are large flip up windows on either side of the garage that come with velcro screens, so the garage can be used as a bug free patio. Also, the tanks are fully enclosed (including dump valves) between the frame rails with plywood.

I also like the Komfort Karry All, as they appear to be really well built, and they have a skybox- Stairs fold out of the ceiling of the garage, and railings flip up on the roof so you can put folding chairs and an awning up there and have a great vantage point to watch the race or whatever...

All of them seem to depreciate hugely, so to me used made sense.

Edit:

When it comes to what you can tow, I agree, don't trust the dealer. The weights (empty and max) of trailers are generally posted inside one of the cabinets in the kitchen. Know your tow vehicle's ratings before you go shopping, or if you are getting the TV first make sure it exceeds the heaviest trailer you think you will consider.

Also, pin weight may be the limiting factor for 3/4 tons, and SRW 1 tons. Max trailer is generally based on one person in the truck with no extra gear, so if you have people and gear in the truck you may find yourself up against max combined weight with a trailer of less than the truck's rated tow capacity.

P.S. Tow vehicle is 03 Ram 3500 HO Cummins/6 speed Laramie... Photo in gallery.