Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

2004 Weekend Warrior Toyhauler..I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 12:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Weekend Warrior Toyhauler..I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!

Thanks DuneMe; I just sent a e-mail to shawn aka Headinjury. Shawn if you read this post/thread please get in touch with me. maybe you can steer me in the right direction.....Thanks Jim

Old 09-15-2004, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

Headinjury should be able to help you out. We bought our weekend warrior from him last year and i have nothing but good to say about him. On our first trip out our bunk fell down and it had a hole poked in it from the rail exhaust. The rear rubber holders broke and the bunk came down and the shocks that hold it up bent too. I took it right to the weekend warrior factory in socal and they fixed it right away(dropped it off 10am on a thursday and it was done on friday at 1pm). Very helpful and i would recommend anyone who is looking to buy a weekend warrior to buy through headinjury even if you live in other states( i believe delivery is not a problem and he has the best prices) The carlisle tires duneme is talking about were replaced with generals on 2003's and newer or it could be 2004's and newer weekend warriors and that is not a problem anymore. Those splitting weekend warriors were probably from people overloading them. On the 26' double axle weekend warriors loaded with all your gear and water you dont have a ton of payload capacity left and if you start puttin a heavy rail or a bunch of quads i would say it was possibly an overload problem. Just my .02. Dont check weekend warrior off your list just yet, they are great trailers, sounds like its your dealer thats the problem.

Sean

Old 09-15-2004, 02:37 AM
Quad Patrol

Jetsnow, I was talking to a local rv repair shop, last year about this time. He had a ww in, that had the same problem with the frame cracking. He also said, it was from the owner overloading the trailer with toys. Guess it can be easy to do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-15-2004, 05:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

I will call you Jim.
Thanks Jetsnow for the props.

BTW cool website here.

Old 09-15-2004, 07:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Headinjury
I will call you Jim.
Thanks Jetsnow for the props.

BTW cool website here.
Thanks shawn I look forward to hearing from ya.

Please, just to set the record straight, I LOVE THIS TRL. as a matter of fact it's the second one i've owned in less than 3 years. The first one was stolen from me by some lowlife thieves. The good part of this story is the trl. was found (it was trashed, Meth cookers) and justice was served; and i'm happy to say that the thieves are serving a three to five year prison term and they have BIG BUBBA by there bedside every nite [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].....Jim

Old 09-15-2004, 09:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey Headinjury:

What's the max weight (payload) for the 2200FT? 2600FS? 3000FS? and lastly a special ordered 3200FS?

I have a 2200FT now (got from you guys - Big Al). Most of my friends have 2600FS's

I am looking into a 3200FS (3000FS with two extra feet!).

Also, I tow with an Excursion Turbo Diesel. Will the 3200 move more of the weight off the tongue? Any issues I should be aware of?

Thanks.

Old 09-15-2004, 11:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi guys. I was directed to your great forum some time ago when doing a search for toy haulers. I've been lurking for a while and hope you don't mind if I jump in here.
I'm trying to find a toy hauler that I can get my jet boat into. I know, it seems to be a fairly big order. I've done a lot of research and and it appears there just is not one out there big enough.
I'm hoping to get some manufacurers to build one bigger, with less living area and more garage. Not sure how I'm going to get their attention as I've emailed several and can't get a reply. Also I have talked to a few dealers in my area and they would rather just sell the things and not worry about custom building something for Joe Blow.

Anyway I just wanted to comment in regards to these WW trailers being overloaded. I truly believe any manufacurer who builds a product that will carry water, quads, wigits, whatever should be built to haul the load. If the trailer has room for 4 quads and will haul 100 gal. of water. Then it should be built and certified to carry even more weight than that. OK I think I'm rambling now. I'm sure you get my point.

Regards

Old 09-16-2004, 05:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

good sam trailer life magazine has a section in it where you send in a problem to them he contacts the manufacture for you & checks to see if he can get the problem resolved for you then he prints it in the mags what happened & what they did to fix or not fix your problem. the manufacturor go the extra step on that because they dont wanted it printed that they said sorry your sol.

Old 09-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: joker258
good sam trailer life magazine has a section in it where you send in a problem to them he contacts the manufacture for you & checks to see if he can get the problem resolved for you then he prints it in the mags what happened & what they did to fix or not fix your problem. the manufacturor go the extra step on that because they dont wanted it printed that they said sorry your sol.
Thanks joker thats a good idea; Does good sam trailer life magazine have a web site i can look at (if so PM me the info), I might have to go that route I'M GETTING NO WHERE with anyone. The Sales Manager @ the dealer i bought from WILL NOT return my phone calls (its been 3 weeks) I'm going to give him ONE more day to see if he wants to help; and if not, WELL YOU KNOW WHATS NEXT!!!!!!

Headinjury, I know your watching this thread; WHY NO PHONE CALL FROM YOU!!!???? I know this is not your problem AT ALL but please steer me in the right direction with whom i should talk to (PM me). Thanks once again for taking the time to read this thread....Jim [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2004, 06:30 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Big daddy just let me know if we have to use some alternative resources [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 2004 Weekend Warrior Toyhauler..I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!