Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Best light truck mud tire?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best light truck mud tire?

Ok, I think I'm going to go with the 2" leveling kit for my 02 Chevy HD. Now my question is what is a good mud tire out there? And I'm talking a smaller tire......285 (33"), no boggers. I want a tire reasonably priced, but I'm up to any suggestions. Something that looks cool and gets good mileage, mileage more than anything.

Old 12-13-2004, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

Well............doesn't anybody have mud tires??

Old 12-13-2004, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I don't like mud tires, i go with a nice 12 or 14 ply heavy duty tire. I got 83,000 out of my last set and they weren't anything special, well they were 12ply all weather goodyear truck tires.

Old 12-14-2004, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

........Damn! I had bought me first deisel back in July and the traction SUCKS. That and the tires that came with look like factory takes offs from a Geo Metro. I need a aggressive tire for hunting and riding. I'm always going through mud.

Old 12-14-2004, 12:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider

If you arent going through deep mud, and want a good wearing quieter tire, I would recommend the BFG All-Terrain. AWSOME TIRE!!! But, if you think that your terrain requires an actually mud tire, then take a look at the BFG Mud-Terrain and Goodyear Wrangler MTR. Both are awsome mud tires and get resonable mileage, for a mud tire

Old 12-14-2004, 01:18 AM
Range Rover

On my Ford I have a set of 38.5 inch SS Boggers. They are probably the best mud tire on the market. Though they are not much for mileage. If you want to get a tire for light trails and not to much mud I would go with an all-terrain. I wouldn't particularly spend the money on a BF Goodrich because you can get a tire just as good for about thirty dollars less a tire if you go with something like a Cooper Discoverer AT. If you need the mud tire and don't want to spend the money on a SS, General Grabber makes a pretty capable tire with their MT's. I had a set before I put my custom 10" lift on my Ford, and with regular rotation I did not quite get 25,000 miles out of them. But they were a pretty good tire.

Old 12-14-2004, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at the ProComp all terrain and or the mud terrain. They come with a 50,000 mile warrenty and are severe weather rated. I was going to get a set on my landcruier, but sold it. I picked up a 98 GMC extended cab and it had new Michalin LTX on it and they work for what I need. Hope this helps you a little.

Old 12-14-2004, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

I've been wheeling all of my life and I have to give a big thumbs up for the BFG Mud if your not looking into seriuos mudding and then I would go with the Boggers, (i had about 7 sets of them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]). The BFG last longer and are pretty tough.

Old 12-21-2004, 05:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have to Ditto the BFG's.

I've been through a couple sets of those. I think the new BFG All-Terrains are the ticket.
Bet as said earlier, if you want mudders, go with the BFG's.
They have good wear and will last...

Good Luck

Old 12-29-2004, 11:06 PM
5X
Trailblazer

BFG Mudders Can't go wrong. I have them on my truck and have yet to get stuck. I have been in some pretty nasty mud holes as well.

Quick Reply: Best light truck mud tire?