Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Anyone have a Scorpion

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 10:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a Scorpion

Have briefly seen a pop-up trailer with about a 8 x 12 rear deck for haulin' atv's. I think it's made by Fleetwood, calling it a Scorpion. Does anyone have one of these?

Old 04-01-2005, 02:41 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

I saw an ad for one of those, couldn't you put one together for 1/4 of what they're asking? I think it was $16,000[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2005, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

Has anyone bought one of these or seen one up close yet?

Old 08-25-2005, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

Yes.. we have some people that we ride with that just bought the Scorpion. I believe he works for the dealership so he did not pay full price.. but from what I hear they are a little spendy for a pop-up tent trailer. They bought it because they didn't want to upgrade their truck and the Scorpion is much lighter than the toyhaulers... It's an awesome trailer.. bright yellow. It has 2 pop-outs on each side that will sleep 2 people each. Their's had a bathroom/shower combo, a microwave, sound system, pretty much everything a regular toyhauler has.. just with a tent type body and a flat area in the front and back for storage. It got LOTS of looks out on the beach at Pismo.. many people stopped by and asked out it... I think it's a great trailer if you've got a smaller truck... but if you've got a bigger truck, I'd probably buy a used toyhauler for the same price.... just my $.02 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Here's a pic.. not real clear.. but you can see the basics...

Scorpion Pix

Old 08-26-2005, 02:58 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I'll second Karyn. For a 1/2-ton owner, it's a good option. The lower profile helps with wind resistance. Then you're just pulling pure weight. Sure, you can make an okie version, with your own flat bed and old pop-up. Pop-ups are actually insane price-wise, so it's not that bad. You can get these just as decked out as any TH. Can get up to 4 quads on the rear deck, plus the storage up front for gas, wood, etc.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-26-2005, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

If you are looking for something that is not to heavy to pull, these things are pretty cool. I looked at one a couple months ago and really liked it. The only problem I see is that is not self contained (no grey/black water tanks, or generator). You can by external tanks for it, but for the price we decided to go ahead and just get a toy hauler.

Old 09-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

for basically a flatbed with a tent on it, they are very pricey!!! for around the same price, you can get a used toy hauler, under 24 ft, towable with a 1/2 ton, still under warranty, with major upgrades!!!

Old 10-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Range Rover

I have one of these monsters, I really like it. Tows great, has a ton of space on it.
I paid 14 k out the door with all options except air conditioning.
I don't know about towing it with a half ton though, The tongue weight of the trailer is 975lbs, even with a weight distributing hitch your pushing it.

Old 11-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 2004 dodge ram1500 4.7 with towing package and have been considering getting a toy hauler. My problem is that everyone says that it will not pull it, you need a 3/4 ton, any insight into this?

Thanks

Old 11-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have also considered getting a scorpian pop up, any feedback on thos? Would it help if I got a computer chip, and K&N aif flow to increase my pulling capacity?

Quick Reply: Anyone have a Scorpion