Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

New Duramax!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Duramax!!

I wish i had the 06 with way more HP and Torque. But i'm happy with i got although. I will have to look into Edge some more.

Old 09-20-2005, 04:15 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Duramax!!

Originally posted by: rescuediver
My brother has the edge on his 7.3. His service engine light keeps coming on and his fuel module (IIRC) has been replaced once since he's put it on his truck. Can't say the fuel module was related to the edge ( I think it was) but, his service engine light has been on since he added the edge.

I have a banks 60 hp chip in my 7.3 and have been very happy with it. I also have some added goodie's on mine, they are in my signature[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
That's the problem right there, it's a FORD!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Eternal Rider
Building A Runway To Hell & Back!
The engine is the heart of an airplane, but the pilot is its soul. ~Walter Raleigh
Default New Duramax!!

Hey Steveo10 , what kinda mileage are you seeing with your truck running the 285's ?

Old 09-22-2005, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider
Default New Duramax!!

the engine service light is an emissions error code due to "rich" condition caused by the programer . the edge is what i run and for the bang for the buck it is the way to go. at least for the d-max or ford. if you get dodge ,nobody but nobody nows an i-6 like banks.also edge is producing a 1.3 version of the attitude for the d-max wich will address the heat related shut downs.my edge programer failed twice while towing, thanks to the allison tranny and an exhaust brake i got it of the road without any brake or steering loss. cool thing is,is that even though it's out of 1 year they're going to replace it......free[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-22-2005, 02:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default New Duramax!!

With an 05 do you really need the gauges or will it monitor the EGT and de-fuel if the EGT's get too high?

Old 09-22-2005, 02:38 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Default New Duramax!!

Originally posted by: 450r
the engine service light is an emissions error code due to "rich" condition caused by the programer . the edge is what i run and for the bang for the buck it is the way to go. at least for the d-max or ford. if you get dodge ,nobody but nobody nows an i-6 like banks.also edge is producing a 1.3 version of the attitude for the d-max wich will address the heat related shut downs.my edge programer failed twice while towing, thanks to the allison tranny and an exhaust brake i got it of the road without any brake or steering loss. cool thing is,is that even though it's out of 1 year they're going to replace it......free[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I've raced my Dodge against another Dodge that had the Banks 6 gun and beat him light to light every time. I don't know what else he had, if anything, but when we talked back and forth he said he had the 6 gun. I've been told that Banks advertised power is at the crank and others is at the wheels but personally I don't know.

Old 09-22-2005, 02:43 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Default New Duramax!!

Originally posted by: DuneMe
With an 05 do you really need the gauges or will it monitor the EGT and de-fuel if the EGT's get too high?
If you're talking about the Edge it will only backdown if you have the Attitude monitor with it. You set the alarm point through the monitor. You should always have gauges if you increase power.

Old 09-23-2005, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default New Duramax!!

Originally posted by: hellyeh
Hey Steveo10 , what kinda mileage are you seeing with your truck running the 285's ?
I just drove a few hundred kilometers today and it wasn't pretty. Gettin only about 14MPG at about 120km/h. But i only have 1000k on the new ride. Friends say the mileage will come around with time. Thank god i get free fuel! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-23-2005, 02:23 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Default New Duramax!!

Originally posted by: Steveo10
Originally posted by: hellyeh
I just drove a few hundred kilometers today and it wasn't pretty. Gettin only about 14MPG at about 120km/h. But i only have 1000k on the new ride. Friends say the mileage will come around with time. Thank god i get free fuel! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
14? I run 355's and I get 18mpg if I keep at 70 or less on the highway. Hopefully that thing will loosen up with some miles. Should be broken in in about 49,000 more miles!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-23-2005, 02:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default New Duramax!!

I know god-awful. I don't think the fella's that put on my tires didn't tell the computer in my truck of the bigger tires. I'm probably doing about 130 135kph instead of 120. My friend just got a 05cummings and he gettin poor mileage as well.

Quick Reply: New Duramax!!