Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Toyhaulers with 12 foot garages

Old 03-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyhaulers with 12 foot garages

I need some advice! The wife wants a toyhauler (5th wheel) with a seperate rear garage (so the sleeping area does not smell like fuel). The largest cargo garage I can find is 12 feet. I have four ATV's all are or near 7 feet long. I am not sure if I am comfortable stacking nor do I have experience in doing this. Anyone know of a toyhauler with a seperate 14 foot garage? Any other suggestions?
Thanks!!!

Old 03-26-2007, 07:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I believe Extreme makes a 39' Patio Hauler with a 14' garage. I think K-Z has similar options.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:38 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Work and Play also makes a few that have a large cargo area.

Work and Play Click on brochures.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:01 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Raptor 3814, made by Keystone.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My Raptor 3814 would fit those no problem [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I can fit....... Suzuki 450, Blaster, honda 250ex, and 2 LT80's.
Take out the 250ex or Blaster and I can put in my Rincon. Or put the Rincon and no LT80's.

There are a couple options for ya out there.........

Good Luck [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

My wife had the same concern about the gas smell. We ended up buying a toyhauler without teh wall and you can't smell the gas at all. Now, if you plan to store the quads in the tralier while your using it may be a different story; especially if one has a gas leak.

We leave the quads outside when we're sleeping.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Have you considered a truck camper? That combo lets you tow anything you want including boats and jet skis. Granted the living space is smaller but it is much more versatile. I used to have a 31' travel trailer and decided to change to an Arctic Fox truck camper and love it - Truck CamperNow I can winter camp and beach camp with 4wd too. Mines a single slide but they also make them in dual slides and with pop out tent rooms. Check em out !!

Mike

Old 03-31-2007, 02:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah, I guess there's no perfect setup.

A buddy of mine also went pickup camper/trailer, which is handy to go camping anywhere you can get the pickup. Personally, I think I'd find loading the camper and hitching to the trailer a bit of a pain, plus I like to have a bit more room.

Another friend went with the Monster Hauler rack and a 30' tow trailer. That's really slick. That rack really works well, very solid and secure. He's got the same living area as a 40' toyhauler for much less money and weight. That wouldn't work for Richey, though, since he needs to carry 4 atv's. Personally I also prefer the way a 5th wheel handles, it's easier to hitch, and it's easier to see when you are about to turn too sharply...

Toyhauler 5th wheels do have their disadvantages, too. Mine is 8' wide, which means that two big utilities won't fit side by side. Lugging those things around sideways is getting old, especially the 2nd one (has to be turned while half on the ramp). The alternative is a wide body, but driving anything much wider/longer around the narrow streets in town and tight logging roads would have its disadvantages, too...

Also, if I went much heavier, I'd need to get a dually. 5th wheels put about 20% of their weight on the hitch, which is part of why they handle well, but it can also overload SRW trucks quickly (especially when you consider passengers, the weight of the hitch, and whatever else in the truck).

Old 05-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

We have the Raptor 3612 36' toy hauler. It has the 12' garage which is 8' 4" wide inside. I fit all 4 fourwheelers inside. It's a matter of establishing a load plan. The first time I took all 4 fourwheelers, we loaded and unloaded several times. Some reverse in, some go in forward. Adding the DG grab bars and bumpers changed the load plan, due to the added length of them, but it all fits. My friends have bumper pull toy haulers without the garage. You can't smell the fuel inside, but it makes their hookup, load and unload harder. I prefer the fifth wheel. I used to put 2 fourwheelers in the back of the truck on a rack and then hook up a 26' bumper pull, what a pain. Bottom line, if you are unsure, mark off a 12' X 8'4" square using a wall or two to similate the garage. Try putting the fourwheelers in different directions, see if you can get them to fit. By the way, the garage sure makes for a nice place for the kids to sleep and not bother us when they have friends!

Old 05-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't really find the gas smell an issue. As long as nobody spills anything, the garage part of my toy hauler has no odor by the time the quads are out.

I considered a Weekend Warrior and a couple other 5th wheels with no divider, but they generally have fold out tables, or a bench with a cushion... which just isn't as comfortable as a sofa or regular dinette. It's just a personal preference of mine, but I like the living area to be more like a living room.

Some consider the garage wasted space while camping, but I find it makes a handy mud room and a handy place to store or dry your gear.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Toyhaulers with 12 foot garages