ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/trailers-toy-haulers-motorhomes/)
-   -   new toy hauler (https://atvconnection.com/forums/trailers-toy-haulers-motorhomes/286776-new-toy-hauler.html)

KINGQUAD450 04-01-2008 09:35 PM

new toy hauler

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures of the toy hauler a buddy and I made we have room for 3 more quads or a lot more bikes or a good combination of both. Made some storage boxes underneath for fuel,gas,firewood,gear, and a generator to run the fridge and the ac with moving. Custom back doors to get bikes in, and once we get to where we are going just roll down the carpet and the air matteresses and you have a camper.
Still less than a used trailer.

Attachment 25862
Attachment 25863
Attachment 25864
Attachment 25865
Attachment 25866

rescuediver 04-01-2008 10:35 PM

new toy hauler

That is innovative[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

jaybeecon55 04-01-2008 11:16 PM

new toy hauler

That's interesting. Good to see what someone can do on a budget. A couple of logistical questions:

1. When you use the AC unit, does it slide further outside? I'm assuming that it does since the vents need to be on the exterior.
2. How strong is the underneath box on the back? Looks like the 'wrong' road condition could grab it. I extended my flatbed by 2' - with the extra overhang the first time I went over some railroad tracks I ripped off all mu lights that were installed underneath.
3. Can you run the generator while driving?

Jaybee

Higgy 04-01-2008 11:22 PM

new toy hauler

Nice work. Probably pay out the ass for diesel nowadays though!

KINGQUAD450 04-02-2008 07:41 AM

new toy hauler

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jaybeecon55

That's interesting. Good to see what someone can do on a budget. A couple of logistical questions:

1. When you use the AC unit, does it slide further outside? I'm assuming that it does since the vents need to be on the exterior.

2. How strong is the underneath box on the back? Looks like the 'wrong' road condition could grab it. I extended my flatbed by 2' - with the extra overhang the first time I went over some railroad tracks I ripped off all mu lights that were installed underneath.

3. Can you run the generator while driving?

Jaybee</end quote></div>

no the ac doesn't slide out, it pulls air in thru them vents and blows out the rear. Might not be as efficent but will still work.

The boxes are made of 3 and 4 inch c channel welded right to the frame. it is sitting in a really bad spot now plus the air bags might have dropped it down a little bit

Yes you can run the generator while driving. The section of the box it is in is covered with expanded metal for venting and cooling

KINGQUAD450 04-02-2008 07:44 AM

new toy hauler

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Higgy

Nice work. Probably pay out the ass for diesel nowadays though!</end quote></div>

my truck pulling the encliosed trailer we borrowed last year got 8 mpg so not going to be much worse should be better

ericgiroux69 04-15-2008 01:23 AM

new toy hauler

Nice set up i was thinking of doing something like this lol but you took my idea LOL just kidding

EdKatt 04-15-2008 01:33 AM

new toy hauler

Nice hauler kingquad!