ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/trailers-toy-haulers-motorhomes/)
-   -   Enclosed Trailer Floor Care Ideas (https://atvconnection.com/forums/trailers-toy-haulers-motorhomes/333342-enclosed-trailer-floor-care-ideas.html)

biz4two 12-17-2010 12:12 AM

Enclosed Trailer Floor Care Ideas

Hey folks! I just ordered a 6x16 enclosed trailer that should be available around the 3rd week of January 2011. It will have the 3/4 inch plywood flooring with 4 flush anchers (2 front and 2 rear). I plan to haul 2 atv's...so... :nod:

What I am after here...is what did you do to protect the flooring on your enclosed trailers? :confused: :huh: Any and all ideas ( with pics for visuals )...is truly appreciated.

This will be my first enclosed trailer...and I want to protect the floor as best as possible.

Thanks!

biz
:nod:

jaybeecon55 12-17-2010 07:43 PM

Least expensive that will hold up is to get a 2-part epoxy garage floor system.

Beyond that, there are many flooring types that will work in trailers - any of the garage floor tiles will do, as will most hard vinyl tiles and even sheet vinyl (as long as it's a true glue-down).

Probably the ultimate would be to get it coated from a place like Line-X with a hard, plastic liner.

MooseHenden 12-18-2010 01:04 PM

Herculiner is pretty tough stuff. I got fed up with putting spar varnish or polyurethane on my wood boat seats years ago and coated them with Herculiner. Comes in gallon cans for about $80-90 per gallon. Goes on with a roller. The seats are still holding up fine years later.

biz4two 12-21-2010 11:47 PM

Really do appreciate the suggestions! :nod:

More are always welcome...I have until 3rd week in January until enclosed trailer is delivered.

biz
:D

mudslinger2 12-22-2010 05:50 AM

Floor

We four wheel out of a 24 foot trailer...the guy that had it before us bought the rubber floor out of a best buy that was closing. It looks nice and it still grippy when it gets a little moisture on it. Downfalls however- it changes and flexes with temp change...because it is textured it is not the easiest thing to clean. Good Luck with your new trailer and whatever you put down on the floor.
Mudslinger2

biz4two 12-22-2010 10:54 AM

Mudslinger2 --

That is so true. I have a Line-X / Rhino bedliner in my truck...and while it is GREAT for protection...it is a pain to clean. Sweeping with a broom...just doesn't cut it.

I think that is why I will NOT use that type of product on my trailer. Would be so difficult to clean out the mud, etc from the inside.

Lots and lots of possibilities...so just need to settle on one. :nod::huh:

biz
:eek:

jcdc04atv 01-02-2011 07:08 PM

I used deck sealing products on our trailer. The water beads up and doesn't soak in. We let the mud dry up then sweep it out. Granted, it does not look like a house floor but it is a piece of equipment to haul dirty equipment in it.

As a side note, I have a question for you to think about. You mentioned a 6 x 16 trailer. I assume you are going to park two ATV's in line one in front of the other. Is that correct? If so, you mentioned two anchors in the front and two in the back. How are you going to anchor the back of the front ATV and the front of the back ATV? There needs to be anchors in the middle of the trailer on the outside edges to anchor your ATV's.

biz4two 01-02-2011 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by jcdc04atv (Post 2988735)
As a side note, I have a question for you to think about. You mentioned a 6 x 16 trailer. I assume you are going to park two ATV's in line one in front of the other. Is that correct? If so, you mentioned two anchors in the front and two in the back. How are you going to anchor the back of the front ATV and the front of the back ATV? There needs to be anchors in the middle of the trailer on the outside edges to anchor your ATV's.

YES...that is correct. The four flush anchors come with the enclosed trailer...and prob will not be used much.

I am going to install e-track at the key locations on the floor...so the two machines will be strapped down properly.:nod:

Very good question...Thanks.

biz
;)

JeffinTD 01-18-2011 08:09 PM

I really like the 3 hole recessed D rings. A hole saw, screw driver, drill, and some self-tapping pan heads and they install really quickly (put them above where metal frame rails are under the decking).

As for protection, just a good deck paint works OK. Putting down some cheap rubber backed matting over that would be a possibility. Having something you can slide out and hose off can be handy.

One other suggestion: If you don't have straps yet, I'd highly recommend the hookless/endless ratcheting type. The rubber on hooks eventually breaks down, sometimes the hooks don't fit over what you are trying to attach to, and hooks can sometimes come unhooked if you hit a bump or whatever.

biz4two 01-23-2011 12:05 AM

Really do appreciate all the suggestions!

I called on Friday to ask when the trailer would arrive...was told it is scheduled to arrive this Tuesday. :nod:

Awesome! Can't wait...

biz
:D