Carry-on trailer - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Default Carry-on trailer

Just wondering how many of you out here have used their carry-on trailer to....carry your ATV but then used that same trailer on your ATV's hitch to carry your stuff to your destination? What brand/model do you have? Thanks
Old 02-06-2017, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

I use my ATV trailer behind my ATV'S to haul stuff , even firewood. I bought it at Tractor Supply for $599, it's a stout little trailer, bed is 5' W X 8' L. Here it is hitched to my Arctic Cat 500. Way better than I expected, that close to 3,000 lbs of green maple.
Attached Thumbnails
Carry-on trailer-p1010154.jpg  
Old 02-07-2017, 10:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for your reply
Old 02-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Trailblazer

I have a 5x8 carry on trailer from lowes. It's OK quality. Mine had the mesh floor, but I put fence panels on the floor an screwed them to the frame. It's pretty light so I also used it to tow firewood with my ATV.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:13 AM
Pro Rider

The 5x8 size is the most common of the smaller trailers out there. Anything larger than a 5x8 would probably be too heavy to tow around easily with a quad once loaded. An empty 5x8 trailer can be easily moved around my hand as well. A 5x8 is probably what I would look for. You can add wooden sides to enclose it a bit better so your stuff doesn't fall out if you need to and that won't add much extra weight either. Basically a 5x8 trailer is roughly about the same size as a full size truck long bed just with shorter sides.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:10 AM
Pro Rider

I have a side load atv trailer that I had made when we had two atv's. My UTV fits on there nicely so I had no reason to trade trailers. It is about 7' wide x 9+' in length. I have used it many times to haul stuff behind my UTV. Trailer is a little big for maneuvering in tight spaces so I also have a small trailer if needed but that one is way to small to carry my UTV.