Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
fatboy, how'd you get it to post 4 times (I realize it was an accident). sometimes when i post it won't register, gives me an error page, and then won't let me re-post it, EVER! VERY FRUSTRATING!!

whitewater, I don't know how to post the pics. I emailed mine to our administrator at www.quads.ca and he posted them on that forum for me. There's only a few of my truck/deck/quads. You saw those already didn't ya?if you look close, I've added at least $10,000 in extras and accessories to truck. well, i didn't, dealer did most of them to dress it up a little and I just bought it that way (I think cuz white is a little plain and they needed to dress it up). white is usually at the bottom of my list of vehicle color choices, but this one looked okay with all the stainless added on, plus visor, bug guard and window vents all painted to match. Lighted grab handles also helped.

rescuediver, I HATE a$$holes that dust you out. we have a group of 70-100 (mostly my wife's family), that get together every year in Kamloops (our dusty area). It's really cool, we all camp out together..... no charge except we bring in portable toilets and have them pumped, which costs us about $15 per family. you'd be astounded some of the RVs we get into camp. the road is walking speed and rutty and rough in areas. If it rains, the silt turns to loon-snot. I'll really try to scan and post some pics of that area, cuz kids never had more fun, better than Xmas for them. Anyways, we block a couple of the hills with our toy trailers, and try to keep people outta our camp. You'd be surprised how many still blast by and dust up the area. They only get a couple of chances though, cuz then they're confronted by a large group of burly, redneck loggers and then they usually clue in.

Nonetheless, you have to be pretty stupid and ignorant to dust out people. I think it's an atving courtesy not to do that to anyone... hikers, tree huggers, horse riders, etc.., ya just don't do that. And how stupid can you be when there are 70-100 people camped out?? These are the exact same morons that do every inconsiderate thing to ruin the sport for the rest of us... garbage, vandalism, enviromental damage, etc..

ditto just4kicks, or any of ya for that matter. If you're planning a trip to the Great White North, PM me and we'll take ya out riding. The local chat group, www.quads.ca has a ride guide describing various rides/trails/places throughout the province. OR, post on the forum, and the group is super helpful and friendly.
About your truck, I like white. I'll trade you black for white. Tip to all: Never buy a black truck!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] It only stays clean for about 90 seconds.

My camping pet peve: When you find a camping spot (by yourself), and someone insists on camping right next to you. You might as well go to a campground / RV park or just stay home.

Old 06-28-2004, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider

I hear you on the white issue. Everyone has to have at least one black vehicle - to learn. I bought a brandy new 69 Dodge Super Bee (ahem, hold the age wise cracks - ha), and it was "black ON black, IN black" - no air. Man, what an oven in the summer (and those were hot, humid summers back in Chicago where I grew up), and like Whitewater said, it's only clean for about 90 seconds. It's beautiful when it IS clean, but you better take pictures quick.

Now you'll notice, our truck is white, our trailer is white, and we always wear long sleeved white T-shirts when we ride. Besides being cooler temperature wise, stuff can get a lot dirtier before anyone notices. And that's a GOOD thing because I've lost my zeal for car washing.

Old 06-28-2004, 05:56 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Whitewater: but for those 90seconds they are the most beautiful things on the planet. I'd love a black F-350 dressed up with some chrome and diamond plate accessories. But not overboard. White's kinda plain, but it can look nice dressed up as well. But black is nicer.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-28-2004, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

69 Dodge Super Bee? Gees Mister, you sure are old.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

And yes, black is not the best color. I would like to paint it the color of the my wife's Lexus (pearl), but that would cost me a fortune. I think I'll stick with black and stock until I can afford a new truck.

Old 06-28-2004, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

Tommy,

Couldn't help but notice, but do you have to help your wife up on her ATV? She a tiny gal aint she.

Old 06-28-2004, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you should change the handle from whitewater to artful dodger, cuz you artfully dodged my Q about how you got such a nice beautiful, private camp spot!! that's okay, I wouldn't want to give away that location either, for fear of someone else being parked there the next time you show up. at 9000 feet musta been cold at night. that's a heck of an elevation.

blame the state for the stereotype. they always promote the desert look, the big rock structures that were the featured backdrop in the bugs bunny road runner show, and the Brigham Young/mormon thing. but there's much more than that....

Old 06-28-2004, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

I just got a PM from racingisntjust4boys. She wants me to clear the record. mudisntjust4boys is her sister, and she insists they're not posers, and they both own all of the toys they described. she's 18, and I think really lucky to have all that stuff and experience on them, at such a young age.

And apparently I called her an old man... last time I take a bullet for you whitewater [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] . I thought I was the one hoping and wishing they really existed and was calling them every man's dream girls. guess not. I did reply and mentioned I was only making an observation and asking a fair question, which they were welcome to answer.

But wouldn't you guys all rather hear this from racingisntjust4boys, or mudisntjust4boys, rather than from me??

Old 06-29-2004, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

You're catching on fast, confused. We'd MUCH rather hear from hot babes than you.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Whitewater, wifey gets on her ATV just fine, although I have to talk her into following me sometimes. She doesn't know her own capabilities. But she's getting better. She sure is fun to have around thought, and that's the important thing.

I think she's 5'4" or so. Isn't that about the average for women? I don't know.

We actually used the truck for hauling today - GASP!!! We had to pick up two 3,000 lb pallets of 'keystones' for a project in front of the house. Only it took two trips. That nifty but hefty utility bed on my truck weighs in at (I'm guessing because I bought it pre-loved) about 3,000 all by itself. I may swap that out someday. But it sure is great for RV'ing. Everything we need is in those side compartments.

Old 06-29-2004, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

I'm crushed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2004, 02:27 AM
Quad Patrol

Whitewater, Nice camping pictures and scenery[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I like white trucks, you can drive them up against brush and the scratches don't show as bad as a dark color. Someday, I'd like to add metallic gray to the bottom 1/4 of my truck to give it two tone.

Tommy, when you mentioned "picking up 2, 3,000 lb pallets of keystones" for an instant there, I thought you were referring to the beer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] But, that's another thread[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel