Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

I just checked last week and noticed that 5 of them are due now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] What ticks me off is what we get for that money. How about another entry to Pismo that we can enter anytime and not have to watch the tide reports[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

We rode in Borrego Springs last week and I couldn't believe how the turds keep closing in the area. Pretty soon it will be all gone. New closed trail signs were posted on trails that were just open months ago[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Anyone ever ride at Pismo "back in the day"?? I was fully open and a fun place to ride. Now it's the size of a postage stamp with even more people riding there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] You really struck a cord here for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Anyone who likes to ride better wait up brother or the only thing place they will have to ride in will be their front yard
(if they haven't stopped that too)

Old 06-07-2006, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

I got a '92 F350 Crew cab 4X4 with a 460(pig motor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) It has 219K on it, but the engine, tranny and brakes had been rebuilt recently. It needs shocks and a few other items. A/C for one and is in need of paint(just like my other truck [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) But for $3700.00 it seemed like a decent risk. It was very dirty but a day with the carpet shampooer cleaned it right up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] At least now the wife will get in it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] pics

nice looking. seems odd the motor & tranny have been rebuilt at that mileage, as both are usually bullet-proof for Ford, especially the 460. with all that recent work, seems like a great deal.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
I just checked last week and noticed that 5 of them are due now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] What ticks me off is what we get for that money. How about another entry to Pismo that we can enter anytime and not have to watch the tide reports[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

We rode in Borrego Springs last week and I couldn't believe how the turds keep closing in the area. Pretty soon it will be all gone. New closed trail signs were posted on trails that were just open months ago[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Anyone ever ride at Pismo "back in the day"?? I was fully open and a fun place to ride. Now it's the size of a postage stamp with even more people riding there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] You really struck a cord here for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Anyone who likes to ride better wait up brother or the only thing place they will have to ride in will be their front yard
there's always the Great White North!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2006, 06:10 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: nedflanders

nice looking. seems odd the motor & tranny have been rebuilt at that mileage, as both are usually bullet-proof for Ford, especially the 460. with all that recent work, seems like a great deal.
The tranny doesn't suprise me, since we're on #3 and it's a '94 w/120K. Throw a lot of weight at it and they give up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] We asked our Service Mgr when #2 went. He said that was normal wear for them. 60K or so. Our truck works though. 90% of the time it leaves the yard she's loaded, either 1 or both ways.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

The tranny doesn't suprise me, since we're on #3 and it's a '94 w/120K. Throw a lot of weight at it and they give up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] We asked our Service Mgr when #2 went. He said that was normal wear for them. 60K or so. Our truck works though. 90% of the time it leaves the yard she's loaded, either 1 or both ways.
I thot the same thing after I posted: not surprised on the tranny, but still surprised on the 460. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2006, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

there's always the Great White North!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

I think I would be leaving the land of crazies (cali) and ending up with the same thing up there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Air Cooled Rider

I thot the same thing after I posted: not surprised on the tranny, but still surprised on the 460. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
True. I don't have much experience with them. Only knew one guy growing up whose dad had one. I tink the only problem was a leaky rear main seal. Which, if this had that, and she bled out... Bye bye motor.

The only thing I've heard that's been a problem with the 460 is the exhaust manifold bolts shearing off from the motor twisting from the torque. We had this happen. Coworker who had a '97 said that where he worked before they had a lot of 460s do that. And on his, his tranny went at 18K. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Air Cooled Rider

I think I would be leaving the land of crazies (cali) and ending up with the same thing up there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Actually "green sticker" (OHV registration which of course covers green, red and blue (out of state)) fees are a small portion of the OHV Fund. Most of the money going into the OHV Fund is from gas tax and SVRA entrance fees. How much do you pay to parks over the course of 2 years? Probably more than $25 a quad. I know I usually stay at least 2 nights when I go to an SVRA.

Old 06-07-2006, 11:31 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: rescuediver

Who you calling old[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL!!
I was talking about myself [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], but feel free to add yourself any day now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Not that I want to[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]A But my kids remind how old I am almos tdaily[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Especially with my middle going into high school.

Old 06-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: rescuediver

Weather down at Pismo looks nice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Mid to upper 60's. sure beats the heat up here and down in Arizona[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
It should be nice. Im sort of worried about the river but Im going in at low tide anyway.
Smart idea[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just remember to let the testocerone youngsters lead the way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] maybe you can watch one of them ruin the truck that mommy and daddy bought them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel