Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
yep, I saw the Headpins in a few bars. chick lead singer -Darby Mills (it's been over 20 years okay)?? Turn it Loud was their big hit, n'est pas? Pretty sure they're from Vancouver, just like Bryan Adams. my stepsister went to school with him. Another good band from Canada is the Tragically Hip, but I don't think they've ever hit it big in the Excited States [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Ya, I slept in today. it's a national holiday. but I'm not the one copulating the pooch at work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . I'm re-wiring my new/old 18' flat deck equipment trailer. what a moron who did it before me, I wish Mr. Tommy's signature would have cleansed him from the gene pool. Just came in for brunch, so back to the grind. Not sure if I'll keep this as a quad hauler or not. great 8' wide deck, but kinda heavy at 2700lbs empty.

Calgary? that's Cowtown. we had Expo in '86, you shoulda been here.bit more of a diagonal line from Utah, Calgary is more straight north. you musta decided to go north until you hit snow and ended up in Calgary.
Copulating the Pooch? Too funny. Hey, I get some things done - I Manage things here.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] We just had a company picnic today (oh goody). My crew and I got to be the stage hands for all this kind of crap (i.e., sound system, chairs, tents, tables, etc.) Oh the joys of being the facility manager.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

And yes, I need to re-wire my trailer, too. My bro-inlaw used to own it before me, and I have already put about $300 into it. It was Redneck engineering at it's finest.

I went to Calgary in the marching band (yes, I was in the band - played the trumpet from grade school up through college). Hey, one time at band camp...

Old 07-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guess we'll be calling you Chuck, or the guy from American Pie. Glad to see your education paid off today.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] hope ya had a great company picnic, and I won't tell your wife you ended up in a drunken stupor with what's-her-name again. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2004, 02:26 AM
Quad Patrol

Confused, Sounds like you have luck like mine. If I have any luck, it's bad luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]I am with you, I'd rather do the maintenance, then trust my luck and pay for it later. And I too have seen tranny fluid that definately was on the burnt side[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Why be embarrassed to take your truck? People make choices in their lives. They are just jealous[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Can hear it now on CNN, "Crazy Canadian goes nutz, creates his own drive thru at a Starburnts after he drives over the yuppie mobiles in the parking lot"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You and Whitewater lost me on your music choice, other then Rush, I've never heard of any of the others. There are a couple musicians that I like that came out of Canada and that's Shania[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] oh yeah, and Terry Clark[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

BlackandRed, Yea don't loose your job by taking my advice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Maybe with the boss knowing that you go atv'ing on weekends, he'll give you the lowered 4x4[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2004, 02:40 AM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!

I have a 93' F350 with a Banks Stinger pack equipped 460 with the Banks Transcommand. (and a whopping gas bill to boot!) my wife's toy puller is a 95' Blazer.

Old 07-02-2004, 02:52 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: maggiesboy
I have a 93' F350 with a Banks Stinger pack equipped 460 with the Banks Transcommand. (and a whopping gas bill to boot!) my wife's toy puller is a 95' Blazer.
Ouch, yeah I bet that 460 can suck some fuel[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Need to get the diesel[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2004, 03:58 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Rescue: the man has got too many toys. He should share. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

'99 Lightning
'00 F150 4x4 (supercharged)
'69 Mustang
'04 Honda VTX1300
Piper Aerostar 600 (twin engine/4 place) - just replaced engine cases at $25K EACH!
Piper Arrow (single engine/2 place)
some kind of boat. Multipurpose thing.
brand spanking new house on golf course
coast house on golf course Nipomo, CA
condo at Bass Lake (that's another perk I get. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] that's about a 5-10 minute drive to Miami Motorcycle Trails)
Enough guns to scare the crap outta Al Gore. (Yes, he's a Republican. And a CWP - Volunteer Fresno Cnty Sherrif's Aero Squad.)

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-02-2004, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
guess we'll be calling you Chuck, or the guy from American Pie. Glad to see your education paid off today.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] hope ya had a great company picnic, and I won't tell your wife you ended up in a drunken stupor with what's-her-name again. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Yeah, I'm kind of partial to flutes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Picnic was okay - food was good. We got to hear from the head cheese - he rambled on so long, I finally had to give him the "shut up" gesture.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'm sure blackandred's boss would really like me (head smart a$$).

Rescue, I like country, too. Shania's kind of perdy...

Welcome maggiesboy, I'm new also.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2004, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider

rescue, I'm so unlucky, I'm the only guy i know who could fall into a barrell of ***** and come out sucking my thumb![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] well, maybe you too. I think whitewater would come out with Dolly Parton's pair.

I know I shouldn't be paranoid about truck, but it's all the stupid comments. I'm hoping to make the newsreel, just the way you described.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

ya, Shania is pretty sweet, and not too hard on the eyes.... and she's a good singer. I can't believe how she got trashed by some of the old-time country musicians for just cashing in on her looks. I disagree, i think she's talented too. not many artists get airtime on rock and country stations, and she's one of the few.

Terry Clark, she's from Alberta (Calgary i think). I like her too. She seems to be aging a little quicker than Shania, but still a good singer. She's playing Merritt Mountain Music Festival this year.. a 3 day concert/party/drunk done in scorching heat, while everyone parks their RV and camps out. Lots of fun. Can't atv right there, but you're really close to some good riding areas.

Old 07-03-2004, 02:00 AM
Quad Patrol

BlackandRed, not to many people can touch that list of toys: He definately fits the "the one who dies with the most toys wins". I'm in the wrong business[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Confused, I'd just like to fall in that barrel[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I saw Shania in concert at Arco in Sacramento, was 10 rows back from the stage[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] She puts on an awesome show. My "girlfriend" as my daughters call her is Faith Hill though. She just takes my breath away[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2004, 05:49 AM
Pro Rider

Rescuediver .."i'd just like to fall in that barrell"... LMAO!! (sorry, can't figure out that quote thing).

ya, Faith Hill is also gorgeous. funny, i was thinking about her when I posted about Shania. Is her hubby Randy Travis or Travis Tripp? Lucky guy.

hey! whitewater musta got an early start to the long weekend. Ain't management a beautiful thing?!

Okay, now I'm going to go way off of our off topic so far that I'll be back on topic. should maybe even post this as a new topic, but I'm having too much fun chewing the fat with you guys.I got drunk at whitewater's company picnic (I brought Canadian beer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) and now I have this drip and itch... no, that's not it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Seriously, we're at a hauling crossroad. My 16 y/o daughter just moved in with us. Now we have 5 quads to haul, plus 1-2 dirtbikes, plus bicycles (sometimes). I could squeeze 4 atvs on the ATV deck (you've seen it in my photos), plus a small dirtbike, and maybe bicylces tied on. Then we pulled a 30' travel trailer. But there's no way I can squeeze on a fifth quad.

So now we're thinking of going to a flatdeck or enclosed trailer and an 11' Camper. Pros and cons to both. There's so much more room in the trailer and it's nice to drop trailer and then take off in truck for a day trip or to go somewhere. But how will I haul extra quad? I don't think a rack off rear bumper of trailer would cut it. And we can't pull A-train like you guys.

Camper with quad trailer would mean 2 people in tent. Camper is nicer for day trips to limited access areas where I can't manouever trailer. Camper is a little lower maintenace (no tires or wheel bearings). Camper set-up would be lighter. Dropping camper off truck and leaving it at camp spot makes my wife nervous when we're in it. She always thinks we'll tilt it. Loading camper= bigger pain.

It bugs me how close close in price they are. I can get a 1990 11' Lance Camper for $8000. My 1990 Prowler Lynx trailer has way more room and size and features and it would be hard to get $12,000 ($10,000. would be very possible). These are Cdn $$.

It's really hard to give up that trailer room. Once you've had it, going back to camper seems claustraphobic. But I'm really working the truck hard under current set-up. Ohhh, what to do??

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel