Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 04:49 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
SO, the family is leaving, new BBQ...spa...damn, party at Rescue's house. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Wait...that grill...it's gas! What's WRONG WITH YOU? You have a diesel, but you grill with gas? Have you gone mad?
WoW, You've never drank alcohol before? Not that, that's a bad thing. You just don't meet to many people that haven't. The alcohol we have in our house has been here awhile. My brothers come over, I offer them a drink and they automatically look or ask for the "Born on Date" Not unusual for beer to sit around for months.

Yea, the family is going to visit grandma and grandpa. So, for like 10 days I am a bachelor. But hey, I've been married 16 years. I need a break[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I would grill with diesel, but I don't care for the after taste[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I've been told I'm alot of things, but mad?? No[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I've turned out to be a heck of a cook on my gas grill. I know people swear by their charcoal, but, hey, gas is the only way to go for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-02-2004, 04:59 AM
Pro Rider

The highs were supposed to be in the upper 60s. THe lows, not sure. Though last night at 1:00am it was pretty nippy if ya know what I mean. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]The animal comment was about the kids. I'm so ready to take an Xacto out....These weren't pallets. Brought garbage cans full of wood. Looked like 2x4 lumber nailed. Like demo material. I was something seriously tweaked this morning when I seen it burning after I put it back in the cans last night. And there was still wood with no nails it left there that I brought. So it was just left on the beach. That's the only thing I leave behind. I'm sure someone will grab it and burn it. Usually we jsut tell someone "TAKE IT!" poof...gone. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I ain't hauling it back and restacking it. Too much work.Not sure where I'm going to be riding next. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]) Maybe if I can get power out of the tin can and on the 'Lander and hit Miami area. Do the cabin thing. Bust out the BBQ. Did a lot last night BBQed about 3 dinners I think. Someone had some deer (nasty) and elf (yummie). SOmeone else I heated up what they had (cooked a pizza the night before...really, on the gril. Yup.) And I BBQed some beef ribs. I eat better when I ride that any other time. LOL
The lander hasnt landed yet..... *looks around*

Old 08-02-2004, 05:02 AM
Pro Rider

Anyone here have a banks brake? Dads been wanting to get one for a while.. Just wanted to see if anyone has any experiance with it..

Old 08-02-2004, 05:14 AM
Quad Patrol

Confused, Thanks, Yeah it's a entertainment center alright. Almost put a sink in it. But, changed my mind. Didn't want ot tear up the flagstone to drain it properly. Instead, I'm going to build a second unit on wheels(this one in on wheels also) this way, the wife has her own little rolling bar. We started building this thing 2 months ago today(Sunday)Used it for my daughter's graduation party, it was great. Neighbor wants me to build him one. The grill is propane.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm locked up. My neighbor and I built that wall. Needed a new fence. A friend of ours gave us half the blocks, so, we built a wall instead. The red fence by the pool is also going to be a block wall too. Just need to get the $$$. The area behind the BBQ will also be a wall. This will divide the backyard from the R.V/quad pad.
Yea, we have quite a selection of drink. Your right, that stuff goes down smooth. To smooth[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Those bricks can get heavy, sounds like a nice area you described. Make sure you post pictures of it. I know that wasn't the best picture of me, but, I tried. I'll get another one in the near future.
The spa cover is actually attached to the spa by a lift. It lifts and lowers by one hand. Pretty nifty. Expensive, but nifty. Wife wanted a spa, that had a T.V./DVD that lowered and rised by a electric table. It was like $12,000. Told her not "NO" but, "He!! NO" this one was enough with a AM/FM radio/CD player.

Back to trucks; I didn't know that about the flashing overdrive light. Thanks for the info[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I was watching the infommercials tonight as I was sitting here typing. You guys ever see the "Tornado" they say it will improve your horsepower and fuel mileage? Might need to get one to help out my 7.3, What do you think[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-02-2004, 05:18 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Anyone here have a banks brake? Dads been wanting to get one for a while.. Just wanted to see if anyone has any experiance with it..
I don't but, good friends of ours does. He has an F350. He loves it, pulls a 38 foot, weekend warrior, 5th wheel. Says it does great on the Cuesta grade.

Old 08-02-2004, 05:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tornado....didn't the guy plugging that used to be "take my seminar Tom Vu"? j/k. I thought it looked pretty cool, and they definitely have one for the PSD. I asked ***** (recently deceased) and he scoffed at it. said they had customers buy it for other vehicles, and it was just a waste of $$.and flimsy. But, like you, I thought it looked pretty interesting. If you decided to buy, let us know if you notice anything, okay Antonio?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I seem to recall around $60??

B & R, I'm with you... let's get the trunks and some bevies (whatever you want), and we'll crash the muff-man's pad. I can mix diet pepsi with that Crown Royal, but I'd prefer gingerale with my Crown. from the looks of it, we better hurry, cuz he's closin' 'er in fast with all that block wall work. I think he knows the gem he's sittin on, and he's makin plans to keep the riff-raff out. and more neighbors will soon want rescue's free labor.

muff, you mean that huge kitchen is portable??it must be on pneumatic wheels, cuz the weight would crush castors. i saw you wired it, so i thought it wasn't portable. I hope you love-thy-neighbor, cuz he's sure asking a big favor. I hope he's rich to compensate all the time you'll spend doing that.

don't get too close to yourself with the camera, cuz you showed me enough to know that if I had a dog that ugly, I'd shave it's a$$ and teach it to walk backwards [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Old 08-02-2004, 01:14 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Ok, I'll admit when I don't know anything. So how the heck does an exhaust brake work anyways? Does it close down the exhaust causing the motor to have to work just to push the exhaust out? Though on one Ford Diesel forum I heard someone saying they are a bad idea in the snow. I'm assuming it brakes too much and on the slick stuff it cause the back end to slide.

ok OT and my not drinking. Bascially my father and my uncle (Mom's bro) were alcoholics and the uncle also got into other stuff pretty bad...happens when you own a topless bar that caters to the biker crowd. So I just enver wanted to go down that road. And it's much easier to take pics at the parties of the drunk people doing stupid stuff. Plus, the smell of any alcohol makes me want to puke. I have no idea how anyone can drink it. Also I've never been stoned, or in any way inibriated....I hope that's spelled right.

I'm not sure but I think I'm forgetting to comment on something. I'm only firing on 2 cylinders this morning...and I've got an 8 cylinder. LOL Up till 2 and 3 AM each night this weekend and didn't exactly get to bad early last night.

oh yeah....

I'm never going to Clawson. LOL. I'm glad they tweaked me when I was looking. I wouldn't be able to deal with the incompetance. Don't forget to have then adjust the brake light switch so you can start in gear.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-02-2004, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, I'll admit when I don't know anything. So how the heck does an exhaust brake work anyways? Does it close down the exhaust causing the motor to have to work just to push the exhaust out? Though on one Ford Diesel forum I heard someone saying they are a bad idea in the snow. I'm assuming it brakes too much and on the slick stuff it cause the back end to slide.ok OT and my not drinking. Bascially my father and my uncle (Mom's bro) were alcoholics and the uncle also got into other stuff pretty bad...happens when you own a topless bar that caters to the biker crowd. So I just enver wanted to go down that road. And it's much easier to take pics at the parties of the drunk people doing stupid stuff. Plus, the smell of any alcohol makes me want to puke. I have no idea how anyone can drink it. Also I've never been stoned, or in any way inibriated....I hope that's spelled right.I'm not sure but I think I'm forgetting to comment on something. I'm only firing on 2 cylinders this morning...and I've got an 8 cylinder. LOL Up till 2 and 3 AM each night this weekend and didn't exactly get to bad early last night.oh yeah....I'm never going to Clawson. LOL. I'm glad they tweaked me when I was looking. I wouldn't be able to deal with the incompetance. Don't forget to have then adjust the brake light switch so you can start in gear.
Yup..It installs in the exaust after the turbo and closes it and creates more compression in the motor causing a braking effect.... And i think the Banks Brake is selectable via a switch on the dash.. Thus you can turn it off for normal or wet road driving.

Yeah. Clawson sucks. And after we get it all taken care of well never take it back there again..

Old 08-02-2004, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good for you B & R for having the courage of your conviction. I think the worst thing for folks like you is the moron that tries to convince you what you're missing, or the drunk who gets in your face and doesn't realize how obnoxious they're getting. how can you stand being around anyone who drinks more than a little socially?

And you heard right.... engine/exhaust brake is dangerous on ice/ snow. In March I investigated a head-on collision between a semi and a jetta, caused by semi leaving jake brake on. whenever they take their foot off the gas, it engages automatically plus there are 3 sensitivity settings. it can be shut off too, which shoulda been done in this case. I'm referring to tractor/trailer unit.

Old 08-02-2004, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

Jetta Vs. Kenworth...hum...I wonder who won?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I went to the Demolition Derby on Saturday - it was too cool.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I got to see a roll over, an extrication, and a 30ft fireball come out of an old Mopar hood (and the thing still ran); oh, and I can't forget to mention all the sleezy women (shaaaawing).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Nice BBQ!!! I liked the pic of you and your daughter. However, you must be hiding a big gut behind that grill. j/k A BBQ is on my to-do list, but I have to wait until I get some $$$$. I need to do a lot to my back yard (i.e., concrete, etc.) I finished my fireplace tile (looks good). I'll get some pics posted tomorrow.

I talked to a Polaris mechanic on saturday, and I'm going to adjust the clip on my needle jet and adjust my air screw. Hopefully, that fixes things. I also had to tear my rear half-shaft apart (new CV boot). Nothing but ATV fun for me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

It sounds like B&W is the only one that is having any real ATV fun (that is if you call 20 minutes of riding, fun.).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel