Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 02:15 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Went out with LJ this weekend. We could have used a winch...a few times. LOL

First time was going to Pilot Peak. We finally figured out which trail (I don't think it would count as a road....) went up it. We're going up and it's getting steeper and steeper. To the point even LJ with the 'Lander in 4Lo was just spinning. We ended up hiking up the trail to the summit. Let me tell ya...this fat boy is outta shape. But it was reassuring that the youngin was having to work hard too. lol. There's not much at the summit. About a 10' circular clearing. That's it. And a stump, I'll post a pic.

So we finished with that. Then road through what was snow last time we were there. Just a few patches left.

Checked the bridge and it's all clear. No snow or ice. Should be good for the ride next month.

Went down our usual tough route. Of course, as usual....STUCK, again. Got a good shot of my bike in the rut. And I mean IN the rut. We made it through that and went for another trail. There's this flipping tree on that trail. I've NEVER made it over it...until yesterday. WOOHOO...of course I promptly got stuck in the slop on the other side. (*&)^ Yeah.

Ok, so on our way we go. We check out one trail and just barely into it it goes vertical and we bail. Then....hmm...this trail doesn't look bad. We passed on it last year. Someone on a WR400 went up before and said it was fine, we didn't believe him. But this time LJ just jumps on and goes. LOL. What can a buddy do but to follow. LOL. And then it began. Got to one section that I just kept getting stuck in. So out came the tow strap. LOL Yeah.

SO we get through that and come up on this section that's washed out just below an erosoin control setup...which is like 10' long...and then it's the road. Do we turn around? Nope. We get the 'Lander up this 2' vertical section. LJ riding and me on the tow strap keeping the front end down.

Next time, we bring the Come-Along...no matter what!

And trail maintenance doesn't exist. The trails are getting SERIOUSLY bad. They need to get some money, NOW.

We did see more people up there than I've EVER seen up there.

Skinner, sounds like a great time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Looking forward to next month[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Get those pictures up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Sounds like, I'll be needing to fabricate a winch mount for your quad soon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
How big was that tree, you finally made it over?

Old 03-15-2005, 02:21 AM
Quad Patrol

Confused and Skinner, Here's a switch that was posted in another thread here on the forum[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Looks like everything is included, and the price is right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just though I'd let you guys know, because you've been so helpful[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

winch switch

Old 03-15-2005, 02:25 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Where?

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-15-2005, 02:26 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Where?
Sorry[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I forgot to link it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] it's now there in the post[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2005, 02:37 AM
Quad Patrol

Gosh, with everything going on with the mojave and what I've bought for my quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I sure hope the wife doesn't ask how much I've spent[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] She did ask the daughter and I (individually of course) what exactly is wrong with her (daughter's)quad? and what are we doing to it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I taught the daughter well[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] She told mom just a few little things, that need some attention and hopefully, when it's done[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] it will run like a champ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Then my youngest pipes in " you need to put an electric start on it" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] DOES IT EVER END[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2005, 03:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

geez, i thot you checked rockymountain already. they're the best in pricing and selection, i find. OR, i'll check ebay first. and MD, IT NEVER ENDS!! especially when ya start adding bling.

Old 03-15-2005, 03:54 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
geez, i thot you checked rockymountain already. they're the best in pricing and selection, i find. OR, i'll check ebay first. and MD, IT NEVER ENDS!! especially when ya start adding bling.
You know, I thought I checked also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]but, guess I over looked it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I must have a catalog in every room I visit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and in the truck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Don't know how I missed it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] You are right about pricing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But, the last couple of items I've bought, or needed to buy, they didn't have[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Anyways, I'll sneak it in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Oh yea, I did check ebay last week. Didn't see anything on it, at least that could be purchased separately.

I know, it will never end[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] so far though(crossing fingers) the wife hasn't told me to sell the Honda 70[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] or, to stop working on the quads[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] She even wants to go riding a couple days over Easter Break[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But, unfortunately, it will be local riding. Nothing up north[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] like Oregon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2005, 04:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i find with RMATV you have to call and ask sometimes, cuz it isn't always in their catalog. too bad about Oregon, but we're hoping to catch up to Fishslab. he wants me to bring some Canadian beer. ya know, some guys just ooze class naturally. i believe it's kevorkah. I think I'll do that , plus i'll surprise him with some world famous Canadian Rye whiskey. got your envelope stuffed today (man, it's bulging and bursting at the seams). I'll mail it next monday when we're in Florence.

hey, you got the rap 80, why do you still have the Honda 70? No small kids left to ride it is there? well, i'm trying to downsize all our stuff, and 9 y/o is doing great with clutch and his XR80. i've asked 8 y/o if he wants to try the XR70 100's of times. he always says NO! He only wants to ride quads. even on bicycle, he's not real daring or confident. so i put it in the Buy and Sell for a firm, high price ($1400 Cdn=1100 US). It was a 2000 model. I'd seen others for less than i was asking, so i thought if i get it, great, if not, i'll keep it for a couple of years in case he changes his mind. first guy bought it. must have got 10 more calls. say what you want, but Honda's reputation can't be touched for re-sale. and i tell it like it is when i sell. I'd put on a new chain, plug, oil change, air filter, lubed cables, valve adjustment, new sprocket bolts and new front sprocket cover. he'll have no surprises.

Old 03-15-2005, 04:48 AM
Quad Patrol

I'll give them a call later today and see if they have what I need. That's great you have it ready[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] Yea, I'm bummed about not going[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I still won't write it off[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] until the last minute[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I've driven to eastern Oregon for less[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

When my kids mention riding, they always want to bring a friend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So, with 6 quads, they can move to the appropriate quad, to make room for another rider[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] With having the Honda, it still gives us that luxury[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]And, I think my youngest, still enjoys riding it. I'll actually look at getting rid of it as the weather gets a little nicer. Also, start taking it to the different riding areas and throwing a sign on it. What helps with the resale value for Honda is their reliabilty[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]They're almost bullet proof[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2005, 01:04 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

You know all this talk about selling toys. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] MWQ would have a heart attack. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] good thing he dont read over here very much [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I REALLY WANNA GOTO FLORANCE and get lil confusedette drunk [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/p But i really go wanna go man. i have an anual brithday campin trip this weekend [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] and i aint even gonna have my quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] i hate gettin older

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel