Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 02:13 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Well, I've never gotten flashed so it isn't all that great. I too find it boring. I don't have a sand bike (i.e. high HP). It pegs out at 45. I was pushing 55 on the pre-run today coming down the road on the way back. Then it turned all bumpy with pot holes and what not. Got out of it quick like.

No injuries! Woohoo! Except this manzanita bush...last year it ate a Blaster...this year it wanted a thumper I guess (400ex). LOL They had a GPS in their backpack...you should see the crash. A squiggly line.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-18-2005, 02:46 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Well, I've never gotten flashed so it isn't all that great. I too find it boring. I don't have a sand bike (i.e. high HP). It pegs out at 45. I was pushing 55 on the pre-run today coming down the road on the way back. Then it turned all bumpy with pot holes and what not. Got out of it quick like.

No injuries! Woohoo! Except this manzanita bush...last year it ate a Blaster...this year it wanted a thumper I guess (400ex). LOL They had a GPS in their backpack...you should see the crash. A squiggly line.
I've been flashed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] but she kinda reserves it for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I guess I look at it differently. Where else can you go, get the most expensive peice of real estate in Ca. for $6[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] then, basically park where you want[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Enjoy the ocean, ride when you want, and watch the sunset over the Pacific[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Go to town and shop a little[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Sounds good to me. We don't go "just to ride the dunes" it's the total package[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Glad no one was hurt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Was this up where the poker run will be?

Old 04-18-2005, 02:55 AM
Pro Rider

Me and the poker run area dont really do well togather. But if clawson fixxes the quad im gonna try and make it out again.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2005, 03:00 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Me and the poker run area dont really do well togather. But if clawson fixxes the quad im gonna try and make it out again.

Maybe you should get that sport quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Looks like you've been taken care of by dbeck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2005, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: powerstroke01

Maybe you should get that sport quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Looks like you've been taken care of by dbeck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
After i get a few more things done on the jeep ill see about pickin up a new ride. Maybe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Yup, its done! w00t!

Old 04-18-2005, 09:13 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

I've been flashed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] but she kinda reserves it for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I guess I look at it differently. Where else can you go, get the most expensive peice of real estate in Ca. for $6[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] then, basically park where you want[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Enjoy the ocean, ride when you want, and watch the sunset over the Pacific[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Go to town and shop a little[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Sounds good to me. We don't go "just to ride the dunes" it's the total package[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Besides being able to camp on the beach and riding my CR500R wide open, Cant do that anywhere else.

I enjoy going to the water crossing at high tide and seeing 2wd high dollar suv's with waer pouring in/out of them. Also can find those geniuses down the beach buried with waves crashing against them. Not to mention just watching people driving on the beach in front of where we camp. Never been flashed by anyone. Thought that was glamis.
One time about 20 yrs ago a lady in a mid 70s dodge gets stuck near the water crossing and waves are hitting it. There is about 6 guys in 4x4s watching. No one moves. Lady jumps out wearing next to nothing, flimsy falling off top, thong like shorts. She was built for the out fit too. I thought 4 guys were going to go to blows over who would get to save her. 5th guy hooks up to the car and drags it to safety, she seemed very appreciative. Could go on for ever with stories from there. Damm enertaining for a people watcher like my self. My mom has been going with us for the last 5 julys and really looks forward to it. Says she has never seen any place like it.

Old 04-18-2005, 09:15 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

??

Old 04-18-2005, 11:59 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Ok, that was a joke about getting flashed. sheesh. LOL.

Usually when I go, I stick to the beach. I'm not big into shopping..I see too much stuff I'd like, but can't afford....of course then there's the stuff in the stores. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Yeah, we set up the poker run route. We'll be posting a map pretty soon, I think. Probably make some copies and what not as well. It's a little longer than last year.

MWQ: LJs Supporting Member icon hadn't shown up yet.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-18-2005, 12:09 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I was hoping I wasnt the only one not getting flashed.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for the dbeck answer.

Are you going to be up at miami this sat? I am mainly in search of more single track to test my new radiator guards on.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But dont think that will take all day and would love to see more of the area from a experts point of view.
Sent the radiator out last monday, they fixed all 13 leaks and straightened it for $75.00, shipping total was $19.00. I got it back on Friday. A new one from KTM is $200.00, and if it isnt in stock can take 8-12 weeks to get from austria.
And people complain about chinese parts taking a month.

Old 04-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
I was hoping I wasnt the only one not getting flashed.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for the dbeck answer.

Are you going to be up at miami this sat? I am mainly in search of more single track to test my new radiator guards on.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But dont think that will take all day and would love to see more of the area from a experts point of view.
Sent the radiator out last monday, they fixed all 13 leaks and straightened it for $75.00, shipping total was $19.00. I got it back on Friday. A new one from KTM is $200.00, and if it isnt in stock can take 8-12 weeks to get from austria.
And people complain about chinese parts taking a month.
If the quad gets done this week i can show you around..

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel