Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 01:42 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Back on to the PSD's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I turned 100,000 miles on our way back from Pismo Sunday. I like it when you can remember milestones like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I was approaching the Cuesta Grade, getting ready for the long haul to go up and over it. Look forward to the next 100,000 miles

Old 06-23-2005, 01:43 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: rescuediver
I know 4 people with the new 6.0.

One just had a new a/c unit put in.

And one had a injector problem[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] when he first got it. He's had it about a year now. So far so good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Other 2 have had no problems[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and love them.
i love mine it hauls @$$. tows great, got 37000 on it

Old 06-23-2005, 01:51 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer

BTW MD, i'd love to spend the summer enjoying the fruits of our labor. but alas, the ball-reducer/controller will make those decisions. i'd rather see a big real estate crash so it'd be cheaper for me to upgrade. otherwisae, why move? that 320 acre spread in the North was sure beautiful, but no job= no acres.
LOL!

I too, am hoping this real estate market crashes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Can't continue to climb the way it is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] can it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
are you crazy keep on going up.

Old 06-23-2005, 03:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya, back on the psd topic, i had some wierd problems today. I stalled a few times, on a steep hill. I'd get it to re-start, it'd move 10 feet, and just die. so i pulled the chip, and it kept acting the same way. managed to limp home by re-starting and moving ahead in 10 foot increments.

so then i go out again (still no chip). it starts to sputter and is puking out blue/grey smoke big time. i can hammer the gas pedal, and it has zero affect, just keeps chugging along, coughing out heavy smoke. so, any thoughts on what this problem might be?

BTW, great to see ya back Ned!! say hi to marge and the rest of the gang for us.

Old 06-23-2005, 04:16 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mstrquad

BTW MD, i'd love to spend the summer enjoying the fruits of our labor. but alas, the ball-reducer/controller will make those decisions. i'd rather see a big real estate crash so it'd be cheaper for me to upgrade. otherwisae, why move? that 320 acre spread in the North was sure beautiful, but no job= no acres.
LOL!

I too, am hoping this real estate market crashes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Can't continue to climb the way it is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] can it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
No, I just want my ranch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] to drop to a price I can afford[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's outrageous to think 3 acres of land is worth $400,000[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] with nothing on it.

Old 06-23-2005, 04:24 AM
Quad Patrol

ya, back on the psd topic, i had some wierd problems today. I stalled a few times, on a steep hill. I'd get it to re-start, it'd move 10 feet, and just die. so i pulled the chip, and it kept acting the same way. managed to limp home by re-starting and moving ahead in 10 foot increments.

so then i go out again (still no chip). it starts to sputter and is puking out blue/grey smoke big time. i can hammer the gas pedal, and it has zero affect, just keeps chugging along, coughing out heavy smoke. so, any thoughts on what this problem might be?

BTW, great to see ya back Ned!! say hi to marge and the rest of the gang for us.
Sounds like the fuel problem. I know this is probably a stupid question(s) but, you've changed the fuel filter recently? drained the water separater? Sounds like the fuel modular is going out.
Maybe Creator will step in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and offer his wisdom[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2005, 08:53 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Back on to the PSD's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I turned 100,000 miles on our way back from Pismo Sunday. I like it when you can remember milestones like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I was approaching the Cuesta Grade, getting ready for the long haul to go up and over it. Look forward to the next 100,000 miles
My '88 Ford F150 4X4 just turned 100,000 miles on the last trip home from miami trails. Is it OK to mention a non diesel Ford in here? I wish I could help out on the diesel problems but its not my deal (yet). It does sound fuel related though.

Old 06-23-2005, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mstrquad

LOL!

No, I just want my ranch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] to drop to a price I can afford[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's outrageous to think 3 acres of land is worth $400,000[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] with nothing on it.

You can get 20 acres up here for less than $200,000 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

Welp, I got the In-Dash Nav installed yesterday in the efftufeddy.
This thing is pretty sweet. It gives voice commands and all that good stuff. The DVD quality is great.
Its a little difficult to find what all the functions are but im learning.
The hard part is gonna be to teach the parents. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

For future reference the wires one needs to find in the truck are:
The Speed Sensor wire: Behind the glove box the Cruise Control box sits up under the dash on the right side. Theres a large(r) group of wires pluged in. The wire is the small grey one with a black stripe.
Reverse Gear/Light wire: I found it on the passenger side under the door sill in a REALLY HUGE bundle of wires. Its a small black wire with a pink stripe.
Parking Brake sensor: I just grounded this wire. Much easyer.

Should be getting the XM reviever next week so everything will work togather.

Old 06-23-2005, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Whitewater
I thought I read that on a dif site.?.? Anywho, I took it to Jiffy Pop and had them flush it. It was blacker than Skinners live-in (Shawanda). They flushed it twice (32 quarts). We didn't see any metal, so that's a good thing.

And I agree, Ned is a sissy.
Flushing the system is a good thing to do since it replaces the fluid stuck in the lines, trans coolers, and torque convertor but you still have to drop the pan and replace the trans filter! It's very important or else it can still have a hard time sucking fliud through and burn up the trans.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel