Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 04:54 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Sweeet. We'll be by around say noon tomorrow [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] provided they let me in the country. I was gonna make a funny about the border but i better not. never know who could be reading [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] its kinda like tellin the security check people at the airport you have a bomb [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
yep , dem law enforcement folks got absolutely no sense of ha-ha...unless it's something really disgusting, perverted and twisted. Like the time there was a fatal mva, and the one cop is walking around with the victim's decapitated head and holding it by by the hair. bad part was his buddy snapping the picture.

had a friend that was an armored car guy. he musta heard "stick 'em up!" 100 times a day, and then some moron laughing. i can see why the airlines don't see the humor.

my friend was at the US/CAN border and there was an extremely gorgeous border guard. guys were making a$$es of themselves, saying "Search me!!", and ..."I've got drugs!". don't know what happened, but something tells me the latex glove that tickled their small intestine wasn't from border-babe!

okay, enuf digressing here. why are you (dis)gracing us with your presence OFC ? and why didn't ya tell me so i could get ya to mule some atv goodies here for me? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] OR, i coulda taken ya out for a ride. where are you rich boys headed?

LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] You definately need to be careful what you ask for[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] You might get your worst nightmare[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

He's headed to Princess Canadian Resort or something similiar to it. Thought maybe you had been there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2005, 04:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: rescuediver

Confused probably knows a little bit about Canadian Law[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]and how it would apply to U.S. driver's licenses.
what would i know MD? I've only been investigating mvas for 20 years and getting paid to give my opinion. AND... OFC KNOWS that. but, he never asked me, so i guess I'll just shut my mouth (for once). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2005, 04:57 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver It should be what the final disposition of the case is. PERIOD......
As is my theory aswell. so hopefully all goes well at the border crossing tomorrow. hopefully you wont read about some cowboy goin ballistic [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
me three to agree.

Old 06-24-2005, 05:12 AM
Quad Patrol

Confused probably knows a little bit about Canadian Law[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]and how it would apply to U.S. driver's licenses.
what would i know MD? I've only been investigating mvas for 20 years and getting paid to give my opinion. AND... OFC KNOWS that. but, he never asked me, so i guess I'll just shut my mouth (for once). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

And I'm sure you know a lot[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2005, 05:15 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: rescuediver It should be what the final disposition of the case is. PERIOD......
As is my theory aswell. so hopefully all goes well at the border crossing tomorrow. hopefully you wont read about some cowboy goin ballistic [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
me three to agree.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2005, 05:16 AM
Pro Rider

aw man, it's just too hard to quote these replies, one by one. so let's try this:

1) Creator, ..."tell them you're huggin trees and bashing Americans"... ROTFLMFAO!! that's hilarious. actually, they should arrive at the guard booth smokin a BFO (big-fat-one) of BC bud, wearing those incredibly stupid Arastafarian/Jamacian tam-hats (or touques, or whatever they are...you know, the one you like to wear when you listen to your rap on boom box). then, all hold hands and sing, "koom-by-ah" . yep, that's what we're all about here.

2) I think we replaced the cam position sensor under warranty, ages ago, because my Kiwi-diesel mechanic pal (now deceased) knew a lot of those were failing, so we were ahead of the game. do these wear out?

3) OFC, are you mad?? bringing food into OUR country? It's a childish pi$$ing contest right now. When we go to America, we don't bring squat for food. they threw out our freakin dry kibble dog food last time, and took away a can of Chunky-beef stew. Even citrus fruits that come from the US, they won't let us bring across (not a lot of citrus growing weather here in the frozen tundra).It's so political, but part of it is the 2 mad cows that still sees us under a beef ban to the US. then we had a chicken flu, so no eggs, etc.. Re-read my point #1 to creator... they'd be more apt to welcome drugs and firearms than foreign food.

4)MD/ofc, i think they run a CPIC at the computer the moment you show your ID. they wanna know who's coming in. they do the same when we go to USA.

Old 06-24-2005, 05:16 AM
Quad Patrol

Well Confused, Would like to stay and chat[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but need my beauty sleep[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Chat later[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2005, 05:18 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
Originally posted by: Trasher
ya, back on the psd topic, i had some wierd problems today. I stalled a few times, on a steep hill. I'd get it to re-start, it'd move 10 feet, and just die. so i pulled the chip, and it kept acting the same way. managed to limp home by re-starting and moving ahead in 10 foot increments.

so then i go out again (still no chip). it starts to sputter and is puking out blue/grey smoke big time. i can hammer the gas pedal, and it has zero affect, just keeps chugging along, coughing out heavy smoke. so, any thoughts on what this problem might be?
If I had to guess I would say injector pump problems.

How does it restart? Does just fire right back up and idle correctly? Does it take a lot of cranking to start? Does it spudder when idling?

Diesels don't (or gas engines either) like cracked fuel lines. It lets air into the system and will cause stalling, hard restarts after sitting, and spuddering. Check the lines and replace the filter and see what happens next. Let me know what you find out

I would also check the CPS (Cam Position Sensor) They have been known to go out and cuase this type of driveablity problems. It's about a 15 min fix and about $120.00
maybe in US $$, but up here, they'll be able to turn it into $300.

Old 06-24-2005, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

Buy one on line-might save some bucks. The IH one is listed as being a little cheaper too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Like PS typed earlier- does the tach needle bounce when starting? It gets it's signal from the CPS and if it's not working it won't move in most cases. Check this first. Good luck!!

Old 06-24-2005, 11:29 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Confusious i told you clear back in March that i was heading to the Canadian Princess No excuses. once we arrive we will have a couple relaxing hours of beer drinkin by the airport should be nice. Rescue was around and i wanted his theory at the time. I didnt know if i would be here so it would have been pointless for me to ask connfuscious. sheesh Oh wait i coulda emailed ya.. DUH... ssorry man. next time your the goto guy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I was on a posting mission yesterday. hell i had over 100 myself and the spinzone probably had 500 or more

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel