Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Was that in US or Canadian money[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] That's outrageous[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

like this one

Gotta find one cheaper on the internet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
It was Cdn $$, but that's still about $800 US with current exchange rates. my dad recently retired from Ford as a parts manager, so he had connections and got the price down to around $680 (Cdn). BUT, my 20+ years of no accidents entitled me to a mistake with my ins. co., at no increase in premium. so what the heck, i'll save the $$.

the mirror is electric and extends out. looks a bit like an accordian in the middle where it extends. the sad part was the damage was minimal and this thing coulda been easily fixed, BUT, not when the truck is brand new. if it had been me, i woulda kept the old one for a spare, and fixed it.

Old 07-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the even dumber thing is; the cost to my ins co is irrelevant. in other words, i coulda wiped out a carload of lawyers, had my co. pay out 2-3 Million in claims, and it's still be a freebie to me in terms of my rates. well, i'm glad this one was just a minor hic-up.

Old 07-06-2005, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks! I guess the question is, did you scratch your camper? Oh well, you make the big bucks... I guess you should have had your wife drive.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] That's what you get for being an idiot wrapped in a moron.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2005, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

b&rw, Finally got around to putting gear in those bags I bought. Well, need to change my review[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Even though they are 30" long and big compartments[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I couldn't get a helmet in there along with a chest protector. So, I'll be bringing them back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Guess, I'll start my search all over again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
I bought a couple bags (the one's with the seat), a few years ago, and they suck (not water proof / resistant). If I'm out camping, I have to take a tarp. However, they have huge pockets that velcrow, zip, and latch with straps. The one's I want are $250 each.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Anyone doing anything fun today? I've already spent half the day in management meetings (O' joy).

Old 07-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Royalty Rider

Originally posted by: dancingqueen

Btw... Hello everyone...
Hello Miss Kitty[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Is it a coincidence[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] You post within mins of Hoss[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] hhhmmmmmmmm,

Anyways, thanks for checking in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You and dabeechman going to be at Pismo this weekend?
Well we did end up going to Pismo this weekend. Had a blast!! The beach was really crowded, but I like it when there are lots of people out!

I cant help it... Hoss is well... uhm... nm...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Hope everyone else had a safe and happy weekend!

Old 07-06-2005, 04:24 PM
Royalty Rider

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Did some wheelin today. Even got to disco the sway bar for a small trail. The kind i like. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

And now im burnt to a crisp. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Sunblock[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LOL
I was gonna put the safari top on but at the last minute i decided not to. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Gotta love those safari tops[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
GO TOPPLESS!! Atleast thats what I prefer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Royalty Rider

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Fat and prego. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Sometimes it doesnt even take em that long...most are on their 3rd child by then.

Old 07-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I'm what?

Yeah, the weekend was too busy. Mountains and lakes around here were pretty full of people.

Old 07-06-2005, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dancingqueen
Originally posted by: Whitewater
Fat and prego. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Sometimes it doesnt even take em that long...most are on their 3rd child by then.
LMAO!

Old 07-06-2005, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: [b]dancingqueen[/b
GO TOPPLESS!! Atleast thats what I prefer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Well, I'm waiting for pictures.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel