Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 05:13 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Hoss, my neighbor had a vw diesel and was getting like 50mpg[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]that was a few years ago, so, I don't remember any major problems[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] if any problems, he might of had with it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

So, I guess, I said a whole lot of nothing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But, isn't that what this thread is about? A whole lot of nothing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I think Miss Kitty, would agree[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2004, 05:18 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
This thread has meandered through so many topics I don't think ANYTHING could be considered off topic. Maybe inappropriate for these forums, but topical non the less.
Skinner, so far we have been alright with the topics[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Some of them have come close to going over the edge[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]but, we have survived[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If, anything, sometimes I think we need to move this to the "other atv topic" section[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But then, we come right back to the topic that Creator asked about, and that is, the 7.3 Powerstroke, vehicle of choice for FBK[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2004, 05:43 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
powerstroke is LJ, you know... little joe.

sniff, sniff, awwww, poor Hoss. we're sorry. NOW GET BACK ON YOUR EWE AND STOP SNIVELLING!! and you'll never leave this forum now, you can't. I own you and you're my kid (orange coverall prison lingo). unless i sell you to skinner for a couple of packs of smokes.... which I may do, so behave yourself.
LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Skinner doesn't smoke, so, I think you will have to trade gum sticks, tp, toothpaste or a good clean razor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Or hey, maybe a dozen twinkies or ho-ho's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

I'm scared....I don't want to be traded for a pack of smokes....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2004, 06:05 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Whitewater
I'm scared....I don't want to be traded for a pack of smokes....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Seeing skinner doesn't smoke, it's the twinkies I'd be more worried about[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2004, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dancingqueen
You guys sure do talk about a whole lot of nothing...lol
good giddly golly, that sounded like a big ol blast to the FBK gang. you need to review the bible, Ephisians 5:22, ...." you wives must submit to your husband's leadership"...

5:23"For a husband is in charge of his wife in the same way Christ is in charge of the church."

5:24 "So you wives must willingly obey your husbands in everything, just as the church obeys Christ"

and Mr. Hoss, you'd do well to put this into practice, aswell as Proverb 5:15, "drink from your own well my son, be faithful and true to your wife". so you need to decide which of the sheep that will be. you see, good ol Ned has read some of your old posts and you do seem to have quite a perverted streak in you.

and Principal Skinner and confused, even the young fella, little joe, Proverb 15:33, "Humulity and reverence for the lord will make you both wise and honored". especially the confused one, he's a real heathen.

and yes, my nieghbor (not Homer) had a Jetta diesel and it ran great and went like holy smokes. German engineering, I think they make the only decent small car diesel engine (and Mercedes). heed the words of Montgomery Burns though, "Ooooww, the Germans are coming, the Germans are coming, I'm really scared".

tood-tood-toodely-do.

Old 08-17-2004, 08:09 PM
Quad Patrol

Hoss, just approved the picture of your "twin brother" I'll be. He must of been born after you, he looks younger[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And of course that is the only picture you have of him[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]I'm sure dressing up runs in the family[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] At least it wasn't a Speedo[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

And I think girlygirl is waiting for you in the other thread[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] She's waiting for her explanation[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2004, 08:52 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

How'd you know I don't smoke? Unless it's the tires on the truck last night. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Yeah, I wasn't in a good mood...

mmmm HoHos....mmmmmm

Actually I'm the heathen amogst you religious folks. I love the first ammendment...it includes freedom FROM religion. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

What other thread? There's another thread on this site? LOL

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-17-2004, 09:08 PM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, Hope you didn't hurt the Daewoo by burning the tires with to much rice burning, fuel turning tire spin outs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I just know these things[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Not too many people smoke, but, don't drink[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
And I'd take the Ho-Ho's too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2004, 10:41 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Read that close Hoss. TRUCK. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I need a brake job so the Woo (nickname for Daewoos...not a part of the female anatomy) is gonna sit. Need to order the pads. Be lucky if Kragen/AutoZone/etc. actually have the things. I'll just go back to GM for them. Recommended by my cousin's hubby.

That 4.3L V6 can do a good job busting the rear end loose. The Nubira makes peak torque up at like 4500RPM. And I'm not sure about power jacking that thing. It IS a GM tranny after all. <snicker> Actually that tranny is pretty sweet. Of course it has the well exposed "Power" mode (which just moves the shift points up like 500-1000RPM). But it also has some smarts to it, kinda like a Porsche Tiptronic. Toss it in "1" and it will shift right before it redlines the motor. All the way up into 3rd. Maybe OD, not sure on that one. And it will also aggressively downshift. Haven't tried this but I just might as long as I know the PoPo isn't around. 2nd gear topped out alone is above legal speeds. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel