Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

If it could even move, I'd love to watch the way she drives it. Probably hammers it out the lot and through the speed bumps[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2004, 02:16 AM
Quad Patrol

I'm sure there is enough horsepower to turn the wheels[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just hope, the tires aren't sitting on the wheel wells[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] She'll have a heck of a smoke show going down the road[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2004, 02:42 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I was SOOOO hoping she would leave. I wanted to watch the fenders cut right into those tires. hehehe. Ouch. Body work AND new tires. I should have ran home and got the digital camera. I think she called someone to come help her out.

It's not the horsepower, it's the torque that does the work. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Well my brother bought this air brush back around Xmas time. And it's been sitting there for 8 mos. So, I figured I'd bust it out and go to town. Gonna play with a couple of old hard hats first. Then I'd like to do something with the helmet. Though it's got a need finish on it as it is, something custom would be cool.

I found a really cool website for air brushing. So it is now part of my round robin of sites I check. Terrorizing them already too with my long posts. If I can find someone who has old plastics or cut their fenders down I'm going to see what I can do on some plastics. The new water based acrylics are supposed to be a lot more flexible. One guy says they hold up well to drunk people on golf carts. He does a lot of custom painted golf carts. But we'll see. Have to put a ton of coats of clear I think to make it not get scratched.

Maybe some natural color flames over the black plastic tank cover on my Warrior. hmmmm. It tends to take the least amount of beating of all the plastics on my bike.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-19-2004, 02:54 AM
Quad Patrol

Yea,Yea,Yea, You knew what I meant[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Don't you love it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] when someone gets something for Christmas, it sits around[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and you eventually use it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Can't complain about that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I'm sure you can find some plastic around your local body shops. Or ,see if anyone around the forum, will mail you some if you pay the shipping[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2004, 02:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the bbq was acting wierd. one side of the burner would work, but at a reduced efficiency. when i turned on the other side, they both barely burn. it was like there wasn't enough pressure, so i figured it was the tank regulator. I bought a new regulator but i couldn't use it cuz my hoses are factory crimped at the spot where they join the on/off/ heat dials. I thought, no way I was buying that whole apparatus. and the real P-off was that I bought a new burner, middle rack and handle 2 weeks ago ($75). so i thought I had nothing to lose, took apart the heat dial thingies (I guess they're a valve and a regulator too, but not the tank valve or regulator). blew air through them, played around with it, and got it working great now. add gas fitter to my list of trades.

it's funny, we switched our tank valves to a different style a few years ago. they have a different thread, and nothing comes outta the tank when you open the valve, unless somehing is screwed into it. BUT, when we were in Oregon, the good 'ol boy wouldn't fill it cuz it didn't have a triangle shaped valve handle. i think it has the same safety feature.

my outlaws live across the street. (what a treat). he always takes my old tanks with the old, out of date valves and fills them at work. I should say, overfills them. they hiss like crazy on hot days to vent the pressure, which shows the valve is working. I guess there's a lot of safety overkill, I'll tell ya more after the explosion [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

reminds me of the parachutist who's chute wouldn't open. at about 100', a guy goes shooting past him. the chutist says, "you know anything about ripcords?", the guy hollers back, "no, you know anything about leaky gas valves?"

my Lennox furnace wouldn't work last year and I figured out the problem. they wouldn't sell me parts cause i don't have a gas ticket. ??

I think Flanders was trying to think of the most exotic place he could, and that's why he pretended to be from here. OR, he was trying to elevate his thread status and credibility by linking himself with the coolest guy on the forum. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] . It would make sense.

Flanders seems to have caught on to the Hoss trashing pretty quick. oh, i guess everyone gets that part down right away. c'mon Rev. Ned, let's see some pics!

Old 08-19-2004, 03:06 AM
Pro Rider

I guess i should post the fix on Breeze. I figure, 1 1/2 turns out and fine tune from there. I'm at about 2 turns out. the other thing is to watch the plug from there to see if you're too rich or lean.

my friend works at Home depot. a "new Canadian" from an Asian country bought 40 sheets of gyproc (that's sheetrock for you good 'ol boys). he insisted they load it on the ROOF of his beamer!! they argued for 30 minutes with the guy to try and convince him. they never did load it. I would have loved to see that car get pancaked.

hey, did you guys ever see the email that circled around about a year ago with the Volks Rabbit or Golf burried under a load of building materials? Hilarious stuff!!

Old 08-19-2004, 03:13 AM
Quad Patrol

Yea, we went to the triangle valve thingy last year or so. So, I guess your screwed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] when you come south[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Make sure when you leave home, your tanks are full. I wish, I had someone who could fill my tanks, but no, I don't[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I agree, Rev. Ned needs to post some pictures. But, he sure did take a liking to Hoss[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I guess, if I didn't know any better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I would say, I was from the great, white north too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You are a sportsmens paradise[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2004, 03:15 AM
Quad Patrol

Yea, that would of been a site to be seen[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Think his insurance would of covered it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2004, 03:24 AM
Pro Rider

ya, stupidity is covered.

Old 08-19-2004, 03:24 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Ahh Good 'ol OPD (Overfill Prevention Device). That's the "triangle hand thing" that confused mentioned. I think that's actually a federal thing. Dept. of Transportation. The thing is, our 8 gallon vertical tanks at the office don't have a triangular handle but they are ok to fill. I even asked them about them. I think they actually have some kind of OPD in them. You can hear something moving around in there. Basically it's a just a float valve that closes as the tank fills.

Actually the cheap place to get the new OPD tanks is at Costco. I think I paid like $17 for mine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I have to laugh though. All those old tanks...just sitting around. LOL. I know there has to be THOUSANDS sitting there at that propane place at Highway 120 and Highway 99. To the south of 120. Southbound side of 99.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel