Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

howdy-doodily!! I'm still here. Thanks for the pics comments guys. I like 'em too.

Hoss, you got me all riled with that sexy talk, i may have to go to my basement...never mind... bra-sniffer.

yep, Ephisians was for all the ladies and girlfriends. i thought I'd impart some of the lord's wisdom. I've found those quotes always help me succeed (terminate) in relationships.

and I thought you were a Masters educated frat boy? Confused is correct, it's principle, not principal. principal is the man who you used to enjoy having spank your bum. you may be too young for that, maybe it was me that enjoyed it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2004, 07:41 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

LMFrellinAO at Ned's Gallery. Wow, um ok let me gain composure.. <deep breath> Let me first state that I'm deeply offende <hysterical laughter> offended. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Anyways, I haven't been around much. Some work actually came down the line. Working on a shopping center up towards MD's way (Ceres). Got drawings for a new little shops (as in little retail stores) portion. So I had to deal with them. Cleaning up some computer. Getting rid of all the spyware.

The supervisor is back from his 5 week vacation tomorrow so I may or may not be around as much. Gonna be a busy week next week. I'd like a 10-20K raise too.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Board has been slow today cause everyone used all the posting powers yesterday on the gallery. Have to go check that one out....

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-20-2004, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

I was referred to the "gallery" thread. I read 8 pages and found it to be the most mindless, immature waste of time I've experienced in a long time .and it would grow by 2 pages for every one that I read. i'd join their chat, but I'm afraid I'll get turd-punched by all that h0mo$exual rhetoric going back and forth. at least Hoss likes sheep, i'm assuming of the opposite gender.

I'm actually deeply insulted that Miss Kitty would find that thread more intriguing than this one. This one is full of witty banter, clever humor and good-natured ribbing. at times Hoss and confused see how close they can flirt with the morality-police without getting chastised.... but they're never rude or swearing. that other thread is akin to the Jerry Springer show. actually, sorry for the insult Springer.

we've got trash TV, now we've got trash ATV. It's quite an imbroglio they've got going over there (yep, you'll need to look that one up).

Old 08-22-2004, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

Mr Nedley,

Ya got to love your picture gallery. I'm truly flattered that you place me at the same level as our Creator but I am not worthy of such admiration.

Those are some great pics of Hoss and the gang!

I've been lurking but just for a minute all week and weekend due to a sales meeting in Scottsdale, AZ but I'm back enjoy all the valueable information on the forum.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Trasher

Old 08-22-2004, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

w00t! Got a huntin dog!...

Well, not really.

We went and looked at a 6mo Black Lab yesterday and ended up bringing her home.
She has a few issues mostly just jumping up on people, licking(not a bad thing) and she wont let me go anywhere without her getting all upset.. But were working with her on that now...
Shes gonna be a good Jeep trail dog and a horse ridin dog...

Its funny, If my mom leaves or my dad does she just watches them leave. But as soon as i leave shes starts whining and barking.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Not really sure what to do about that, but whatever..

Old 08-23-2004, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

little joe, we had a jumping up problem with our Retriever. Too friendly!! A dog trainer told us to put the dog on a leash when you know it will want to jump up, like when someone comes over to the house, or when you or your parents first come home. when the dog starts going rank, stand on the leash so it can't jump up. OR, turn and raise your knee when the dog jumps up, and make a squeal noise. the dog thinks it's hurting you when you make the squeal noise ( the same noise Hoss makes when he corners one of his flock on the cliif edge [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ), and it doesn't like getting your knee when it jumps up. I like the standing on the leash better. Good luck.

And there's a name for what Hoss does to the farm animals, it's called beastiality![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-23-2004, 09:03 AM
Pro Rider

Hey you guys, I hate to get back to the subject of this thread, but, I finally bit the bullet and got me a Superchips re-programmer for my 97 Powerstroke. Here's what I think so far:

It came on Friday and when I got home I couldn't WAIT to install the thing. I used the middle program that's called "performance towing", meaning towing stuff under 6,000 pounds. I think my utility bed weighs 3k, and my ATV trailer with two ATV's is maybe 2k, so this is cool. I haven't towed anything at all yet, but I took it out for a 'test ride' right after the installation. It installed in about five minutes.

It started right up, so I breathed a sigh of relief. Then off I went on our street, not noticing much difference - yet. Then it shifted. Bam, and I was in the next gear. Wow. Then BAM, we were in the NEXT gear. No more slip 'n slide shifting. No more feeling like it has a belt drive like my ATV!

Out onto Hwy 50 where the speed limit is 55. I purposely caught the red light. Light turns green and I pour the coals to it. Man, it's a damned rocket ship! And Bam, Bam, BAM, we're in top gear and I have to take my foot out of it. I'm like a kid in a candy shop. What a difference! I can't wait to see how it works towing. And when we go on vacation next month and we're towing two trailers, I'll bump the program down one to the "safe towing" program for towing over 6,000 pounds. I think I'm gonna be happy with this...

Now, back to the other topics.

Old 08-23-2004, 09:33 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Congrats Tommy. Sounds like you are really happy with your new toy.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-23-2004, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

I noticed a couple of those re-programmer kits have digital readout so you don't need to get the gauge package. What's the deal with your's? Do you have gauges also?

Sounds like it hits pretty hard. You trans should last longer with the firmer shifts.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-23-2004, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thot mine shifted smoother after the 60HP chip, and definitely way more giddy-up. You've probably missed that you've been re-named Pa Cartwright. So Pa, yours sounds really cool with different settings that are specific to what you're doing (i.e. towing). Presumably, this should be easier on truck and you shouldn't have any tranny problems.

you put it in yourself in 5 minutes? did you have to disassemble the computer and clean all that waxy stuff off the circuit board? I had to on mine, and the mechanic buddy told me most people don't clean it good enough to get the proper contact. If it works, you got good contact.

skinner, congrats on your founding member status. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel