Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
I prefer to owe a little vs getting any back. I just figure why let the Gov. have my money all year long. Id rather have it monthly. Im still adjusting for losing a deduction and a child tax credit too. Last year I figured Id break even and instead got a few hundred bacK. I havnt done this years yet and will probubly wait until early april. Always a procrastinator.
I'm hoping for even. Been on both sides of the coin. Last year I was about $160 shy $27K income, so not too bad. FTB sent me a check for like $1. I did mine, and ended up owing a bit and never could figure out WTF the deal was with the check never clearing until I got that refund. LOL I think I'm going to be about $50 over I think. I changed around my withholdings and based on the difference in my check, it should be spot on. Which means for 2006 I might get $150 back, maybe $200. Changed withholdings in June. If I'm pretty close, I might flip them back in June or July again.

When I see people getting a couple grand back, I'm like WTF? You let the gov. borrow that money, interest free. Usually they tend to be getting child tax credit and who knows what else.

Single childless people get screwed!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-07-2006, 03:41 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

I'm hoping for even. Been on both sides of the coin. Last year I was about $160 shy $27K income, so not too bad. FTB sent me a check for like $1. I did mine, and ended up owing a bit and never could figure out WTF the deal was with the check never clearing until I got that refund. LOL I think I'm going to be about $50 over I think. I changed around my withholdings and based on the difference in my check, it should be spot on. Which means for 2006 I might get $150 back, maybe $200. Changed withholdings in June. If I'm pretty close, I might flip them back in June or July again.

When I see people getting a couple grand back, I'm like WTF? You let the gov. borrow that money, interest free. Usually they tend to be getting child tax credit and who knows what else.

That sounds good.

Me too and then they act like they pulled a fast one on the IRS too. LOL. Have you ever asked some one how much they paid? They always talk about what they got back.

Dont even think for a moment that the tax credit pays for kids. Unless your on welfare that is. They are still very expensive.

Old 02-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Dont even think for a moment that the tax credit pays for kids. Unless your on welfare that is. They are still very expensive.
That was a tongue-in-cheek joke.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
So, is that how you do it. Just keep buying bigger things and you don't have to pay??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
My wife has me thinking it works that way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Quad Patrol

If you're having to pay taxes at the end of the year, you need to adjust your witholdings, or make quarterly payments to the IRS/FTB. I should be even, or a little ahead this year...hopefully. The withholding form (I forget if it's W2 or W4) always seems to put me under. So I drop 1. For some reason it says if you're single to be single and 2. Don't know why. I'm sure this would apply to married with 3, or hell even 10 in Hoss' case. I wonder if he gets extra deductions for his extra shee errr wives?

I could see with multiple sources of income have a real PITA time getting it right. Luckily I don't have that. Only did a couple of years (K1 from a partnership). Now I get to file those "simplified" EZ forms. Yeah, whatever. Still just as damn long.
We actually had been doing pretty around 3-4 years ago[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The return from the Feds, would cover what we owed the state[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We could never get the state side figured out, when we thought we did, we still owed more money[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Even after having extra out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: nedflanders
i got the insert for $200. it was the OLD tenant that did all the whining for that, but then they were too busy for me to put it in. kinda glad it worked out that way. but I'm NOT supplying the wood!! ya, i'm WAAAAY too nice. new renter is a rather big girl, probably close to 6', 200. but super nice and easy going. i have a good feeling this one will work out.

on the horse shed, i can salvage at least 90% of the materials, put it back up, and make sure that this time it's cross-braced (there was no sheathing on it to act as cross bracing). probably take a day or 2 to rebuild. not worth the insurance claim. and i think my deductible is $1000, so i don't wanna spend that either.

on the stihl, you made the right choice on the 16". but hey, in yer fancy new 'hood, you prolly can't burn anything, and all your neighbors will be calling the noise police when you fire-up that puppy!
That's almost as good as free[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Hhmmm, isn' that about the right size to cuddle up to on a cold freezing night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Yep your right, not worth hassle of trying to say it was a 40x60 barn with rooling steel doors on all the stalls[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The 16" is just the right size for what I need. And YES[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We can burn wood in the new "hood"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] To bad it only fits one log in it at a time though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Anything bigger then 6" inches needs to be split[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] so I can get more than one log on the fire. It would not surprise me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] if, someone complained to the Air Board that I burned on a "volunteer" No Burning night.

Old 02-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Seattle got ROBBED!! MVP= OFFICIALS. that was by far the worst officiated Superbowl game I've EVER seen. they usually have the A-team of refs for the big game. these guys couldn't ref a pee-wee game. No wonder Holmgren remembered coaching in high school when this guy refereed one of his games. how can you forget someone that BRUTAL. After watching the replay, how could they call Rothlisberger in for a TD?? wasn't even close! the offensive pass interference was a joke, he never pushed the guy, he had his arm out, and the defender was going the other way. with one arm he pushed off?IMPOSSIBLE! Hasselback gets an illegal block call after he threw the INT and made the tackle on the ball carrier??WTF?? some WEAK holding calls on Seattle, especially when the standard wasn't the same when Pitts was holding. and the media usually doesn't hesitate to criticize bad calls, but Madden and Michaels must have been watching something different than the rest of us. seattle got jobbed. I'M BITTER!! AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!
I agree, some bad calls. However, I don't think Seattle played to win[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] T.E. drops 3 passes, wide receiver steps out of bounds at the endzone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] He should of known he was close and drug his feet on the turf[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Full back needed to put the extra effortto get the first down, instead, he falls short a yard. They weren't playing with the intensity they needed to win. They should of blown the steelers away[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I agree they had no killer instinct. I actually thot the fullback had that first down in the first half, and got an awful spot form the ref. but then, if some Columbian drug lord had bet big on this game and had a knife to my familys' throat , I probably would have reffed the same way too. I've determined there is no other explanation.
LOL! I might agree with you on the ball placement[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] IF, he had stretched his arms out in an attempt to get the yardage[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But, NNOOOO!! he just tucked the ball in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] That's why I didn't get TO upset when Hasselbeck fumbled the ball (on the call that they finally got right) At least he was fighting for the needed yardage.

Old 02-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Quad Patrol

I should[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Except there are other things I want to get[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Like air bags, on board compressor, Toy Hauler, etc. etc. etc.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But I know what you mean[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Someday, when I am rich[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I put in airbags, but i haven't noticed a difference. maybe cuz I'm a dually. everyone told me I'd see a huge difference.
Your already pretty stout in the back end[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I meant to say the dually is already pretty stout in the back end[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL! You mean to tell me with all the toys stacked on the truck and trailer attached[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You can't tell the difference[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Everyone I know of that has air bags (and not the wife kind) loves them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Quad Patrol

I don't even want to think about taxes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hasn't been a pretty picture around here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Hopefull with the bigger mortgage, it won't be as bad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
oh yeah, this is Canada..NONE of our mortgage interest is deductible from taxes. plus, i had to pay yet another freakin tax when I bought this place, $15,000 on "property transfer tax".... CROOKS!
OUCH, now that stinks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Quad Patrol

Yes they are[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

But, wouldn't have it any other way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel