Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
No rescuediver since last thursday. He must be working a bunch.
I know, it stinks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] We went to 11 hour days, 5 days a week! By the time I come home, get the kids,,, you know the drill[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I don't have much time for play. Like Skinner said, I only play with my wood on weekends[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2006, 11:50 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: nedflanders
hey Homer... DOH!, I mean Hoss, glad to see your kids fixed your computer for ya.

a technical question. I vaguely recall MD or MWQ talking about some product that's great at cleaning out bunged up 2-stroke fuel that's been left for too long. It's not naval jelly, it's some product that has multi-purposes, and some people swear by it as magical. I've definitely seen it discussed on these forums, perhaps in the kids atv section.

ANYONE?? does this ring a bell? I have a couple of chainsaws I want to try fixing up, but I'm sure they're gonna be gummed up in old 2-stroke.
I always use carb cleaner. I used to only use berrymans but now will use Walmart Brand Super Tech Carb Cleaner. And if its rewally bad, there is a Berryman Chemtool dip. It is about a gallon can and you soak the pieces over nite and then you can rinse them with water and blow off with a air hose.
I am with MWQ on this one. I use carb cleaner too. I know what your talking about, I just can't think of what it's called. If it was in the kids atv section, I would think you'd know about it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] seeing that was your stomping grounds for awhile[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2006, 11:53 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Where is everybody? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Work'N'Play!
Only work for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hopefully in 3-4 weeks, I'll have more play time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Did get some welding in last night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and cleaned up my shop a bit. Wife was complaining about her stuff laying around on the floor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and my stuff put a way nicely in MY cabinets[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Only problem I saw, was her stuff in my garage[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2006, 11:56 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
Where is everybody? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Man, after watching the news here about some guy getting caught loving his neighbors sheep, I know where Hoss has been[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (true news story)
LOL!

That reminds me of a couple calls I had been out on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] One was a rancher kept finding over turned 5 gallon buckets in the cow pens[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] He couldn't figure it out why, until one night he stayed in the barn and low and behold, he found out why the buckets were upside down[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] his ranch hand was only about 5'1 and needed the extra boost to enjoy his favorite bovine of the night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2006, 12:45 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: rescuediver
LMAO!!!! That is a classic answer Skinner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Need to send that one off to the Smithsonian[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Playing with my wood on weekends[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] LMFAO!!!!!!!
Thank you. Thank you. I'll be here the rest of tonight, and my life. LOL

Been busy today. Had to go to Madera, not once, but twice. Get a call a 3pm that they can't get the RJ45 connectors onto come CAT5e. I was like WTF? They were using CAT6 connectors, which should have fit physically, but wouldn't have worked well as CAT6 is 23 AWG vs. CAT5e at 24AWG. Ended up it was this screen stuff (which is what they should have been using in the first place!) but it has to be used on 110 punch down blocks. So after figuring that out, I had to actually come back to the shop, pick up the parts I had, and then hit the supply shop to get the rest that I needed.

Then I get stuck at a train crossing on the way home. Which was good in a way. I had a CHP officer behind me when I was bumming along a county road (Ave 9 in Madera County) at about 65 (55 limit.) :/ Usually they wait on the west side of the tracks (I was going east) because it's lower and catch the speed demons. You don't see em 'till you're on the tracks.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-09-2006, 03:07 AM
Pro Rider

I am with MWQ on this one. I use carb cleaner too. I know what your talking about, I just can't think of what it's called. If it was in the kids atv section, I would think you'd know about it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] seeing that was your stomping grounds for awhile[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
ya i was, but after i finished my project(s), and thought I'd helped out enough other folks..I vanished. And every post now seems to be about a chinese make where i can't lend any expertise. i check back on rare occasions, but things seem different their.

Old 03-09-2006, 07:24 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Yep, getting up at 0445 is getting kinda old for these bones[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Of course, it doesn't bother you because you take a mid morning nap, a mid afternoon nap[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] on top of going to bed at 6:30 PM[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL!!!!

I actually looked forward to getting back to work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I just didn't think I would be working these kind of hours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and not having more then 2 days off stinks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I do work with a bunch of great guys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Riding sounds good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Throw a date at me, and I'l probably make it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I am sure the girls would be more than happy to take the new atv for a spin and give you a report[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Especially when they can compare it to the quads they ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
0445? Im at work for 45 minutes by then, and Im even older than you are.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I wish i got to bed by 6:30 pm, and we havnt had many of those 2 hr run time jobs lately, less time for a nap at work. At least it didnt cut into my posting to bad. LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

5 11's is brutal, got to be even tougher with your responsibilities on Sunday too. Very little down time. I havnt worked a frdiay this year and already dont miss the money. Time is way to precious, and you cant make time. You can always make more money.

Im thinking next sat but may go for this sat. I got the paperwork but havnt goten to the dmv yet. Im looking for a cnc mill today(called in sick, cough,cough) and if all that goes good I might make it this sat. Could you make it this sat? Id really love the girls impression of it.

Have I told you that the oldest son and i moved into the 1800sf shop 2 weeks ago? We out grew the 1200sf one in 2 months. Now I wonder how soon we will outgrow this one.

Old 03-09-2006, 09:31 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

MD (err rescue) has a new job and is being driven like a slave. Poor guy. Only has time to play with his wood on the weekend.
LMAO!!!! That is a classic answer Skinner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Need to send that one off to the Smithsonian[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Playing with my wood on weekends[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] LMFAO!!!!!!!
I didnt catch that the first time. LMAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2006, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

Did someone say sheep? lol

Hey MVQ, are you on a mill, grinder, lathe?

Old 03-09-2006, 10:29 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Did someone say sheep? lol

Hey MVQ, are you on a mill, grinder, lathe?
I can run any of them but I am buying a cnc mill today, like this one. I am also looking for a cnc lathe , and I have a manual Bridgeport mill already.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel