Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Truck. How bout yours?

Old 06-21-2017, 05:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dragginbutt
I spent 3 years in San Antonio, and I have property in Bastrop. However I can't remember ever leaving anything there to get me to go back. Great BBQ, hate the law dogs though. And of course the HEAT

I feel the same way after living in Houston for just over 3 years. People talk about how bad California drivers are , but Texas was by far the worst. I have absolutely no desire to return.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:52 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeDawg
I feel the same way after living in Houston for just over 3 years. People talk about how bad California drivers are , but Texas was by far the worst. I have absolutely no desire to return.
It's mainly the illegals and all BMW drivers that cause most of the problems. Drunk illegals in their pickups and BMW drivers that think they own the roads..

Old 06-28-2017, 12:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
It's mainly the illegals and all BMW drivers that cause most of the problems. Drunk illegals in their pickups and BMW drivers that think they own the roads..

I saw plenty of white folk in Texas driving like jackasses, too. In fact plenty of them where worse than the illegals.

Old 06-28-2017, 12:56 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeDawg
I saw plenty of white folk in Texas driving like jackasses, too. In fact plenty of them where worse than the illegals.
That's the BMW drivers..

Old 06-28-2017, 02:55 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Today my A/C is blowing out hot air. I'm going to check the fuses to see if it's that but I'll probably end up taking it to the dealer in the morning. I'm going away this weekend for 2+ weeks to do some riding and can't wait until I come back to get it fixed. My truck is 17 years old and has had some problems in the last 7 years. Not really a lot though.

Old 06-28-2017, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Today my A/C is blowing out hot air. I'm going to check the fuses to see if it's that but I'll probably end up taking it to the dealer in the morning. I'm going away this weekend for 2+ weeks to do some riding and can't wait until I come back to get it fixed. My truck is 17 years old and has had some problems in the last 7 years. Not really a lot though.
Bets it needs a recharge.

Old 06-28-2017, 08:48 PM
Moto Psycho

Originally Posted by WilliamBos
Bets it needs a recharge.
I think so too since all the fuses look good, but it was working yesterday and not today. Whatever happened it just happened overnight instead of gradually getting worse. I switched an A/C relay with the identical horn relay. The horn still works so that wasn't it. Then I ran the engine for 5 minutes with the fan turned up and the temp turned down and it wasn't as hot as before but it still wasn't cold.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider

As for my next truck, will be a San Antonio built Tundra. No more Domestic 3, they all seem to like finding a way to get out of warranty work.

Old 06-29-2017, 03:57 PM
Moto Psycho

I never needed any warranty work done on my Chevy in the 6 years that I had a warranty. I got the tailgate straps replaced due to a recall and that was it.

Old 06-29-2017, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
I never needed any warranty work done on my Chevy in the 6 years that I had a warranty. I got the tailgate straps replaced due to a recall and that was it.
07-13 1500 crew cabs have known roof rust issues, GM's answer is "We wont fix it until it rusts through". Myself and many others expired the warranty via mileage, which seems to be what GM hopes for. Compared to my Oshawa built 04, this is a low quality POS.

No reason for my truck to have multiple rust spots on the roof, its a 2011.

The Tundra is the most domestic truck on the road, and no failed fuel saving gimmicks like AFM that GM uses.

No more Domestic 3 for me, Toyota will be replacing this.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Truck. How bout yours?