Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If Ford was smart they would build and market this.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 08:38 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those were 77 in 78 the grill looked like the top 79 Bronco pic but with round head lights not square.

Was your truck like this? That grill is rare beeing only used one year 1978.

In 1980 came the dreaded "flat sides" were they remain to this day,thats why I like the old styling. LOVE to see a 77 look with the new technology.

Old 02-20-2010, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider

Mine was a 77 F-150 custom. The grill had the "ford" across the top of the grill and split down the middle like the green on you posted. Instead of having the inserts and a square headlight bezel, each side of my grill was a one piece insert and wrapped around the headlights. It didn't have the square bezels around the headlights.

Mine was like this one:

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...0/HPIM0824.jpg

You don't see that style of grill very often for some reason.

ATV related story. I had pulled the grills out to do some work on the front of the truck and had them laying in the front of the bed of my truck. Riding my old 300 honda fourtrax into the bed a little too fast one day I broke both of them. I ran it without the grill inserts until i sold it. I painted the radiator support a flat black and it didn't look half bad without the grill inserts.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:37 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I don,t think I seen a grill like that one before.

Name:  HPIM0824.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  124.5 KB

Old 03-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by hoytultratec
Banned! LOL!!

I find it funny being a big Mechanic?? that he didnt adress 6.0 and 6.4 ford issues? plenty of them so why not? Fanboy??

1 got a 94 f150 w/160k body rusted and the thing is nickel and dimin me to death I think i have replaced just about every part on it LOL.

I have owned just about every brand in trucks and cars since 1986 and every one has had some issues,none are perfect, heck i had problems with my dodge..lift pump,cp3 pump..so what! interior plastic he states, yep my dash is plastic,seats leather,floor carpet..doesnt sound all plastic to me??

my neighbors 4 year old f150 got flat bedded away a month ago they finally figured it out,leaking windshield shorted out the main wiring harness..electrical problem.hmm!

my buddies juiced up Dmax...tranny issues! thought they were bullet proof?

All makes will have issues at one time or another. the place i bought my truck from is probably the biggest used dealer in the midwest or even the US for that matter all they deal with is trucks and SUV's and for the most part the majority of trucks are diesel, i did my research,talked to Real Mechanics about reliability between them, and like they told me, Look around we Work on them all, they will all have issues and need to be fixed at sometime...and they did steer me clear of the 6.0 even though they had like 20 on the lot. I should say they steered me clear of the 6.0 after i had my mind made up on the Cummins.

I got 3.5 years of extended warranty left, i hope the last year of the warranty everything goes to crap and it all has to be replaced.

I was reading that and going to say the same thing. I am a RAM guy, but I still know they all have their problems.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

since its a ford vs dodge deal i figured i might as well jump in on it. if dodge is so high and mighty why would a ford ranger with a 4.0l and a 5spd have to pull out a dodge ram 2500 with a cummins out of a mud hole. thats pretty pathetic for you dodges. mopar=no-car

Old 05-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by thomaseweber
since its a ford vs dodge deal i figured i might as well jump in on it. if dodge is so high and mighty why would a ford ranger with a 4.0l and a 5spd have to pull out a dodge ram 2500 with a cummins out of a mud hole. thats pretty pathetic for you dodges. mopar=no-car
you don't know what your truck can do till you get it stuck, doesn't matter what it takes to get it unstuck, i've used my yamaha warrior to get some beastly of a truck unstuck once or twice(thank god for chicago electric winches)sometimes you just need that little bit of a push or pull to get out.

as far as bronco's and jimmy's go, i wish they would bring them back, i'd trade my f150 in a heartbeat for a brand new bronco or fullsize blazer/tahoe.whatever gm would call it.

until then the 89 bronco i just bought will have to suffice....

yes there's a small spot under it, power steering needs a new gearbox....i only paid 400 bux for this sucker and its the body style i wanted, this one or a 78 would've been nice, my buddy has a real nice 78 thats built up, eventually i want this to have about the same stance.

38.5" tires underneath, i'd be happy with 35's for now though.