ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Utility ATVs (https://atvconnection.com/forums/utility-atvs/)
-   -   700 Prairie or Vinson (https://atvconnection.com/forums/utility-atvs/135319-700-prairie-vinson.html)

mikee2 01-27-2004 10:38 PM

700 Prairie or Vinson

Narrowed my next quad to a 700 prairie or a 500 vinson. I cannot decide which on I want. I know they are both great machines and the prairie has tons of power. Which one would be more reliable. I can get either one of these for not much price difference. Help me make up my mind.

RedGoblin 01-27-2004 10:53 PM

700 Prairie or Vinson

Where are you getting a minimal price difference between a 700 Prairie and Vinson?

REVHIGH 01-27-2004 11:45 PM

700 Prairie or Vinson

Let's see ... if I had to make this decision a thousand times, a thousand times the answer would be the PRAIRIE 700 ... duh ...

RedGoblin 01-28-2004 12:10 AM

700 Prairie or Vinson

Well jeez, it's an honest question there bud, cut him some slack. A simple Prairie would have worked just the same. There are pros and cons for both quads in this situation. If you don't have a trailer, is your truck big enough to accomodate a Prairie? Is that small amount of money you'd save on the Vinson enough to buy a great accessory like a winch? If you have the money and the ability to maintain it, then I agree with revhigh (although not so blandly). However, the Vinson is a great machine and can keep up with the Prairie in most situations. I've heard the Vinson even outdoes the Prairie in the tight trails because of smaller size and better sharp handling. Either way, you can't lose!

dash 01-28-2004 12:01 PM

700 Prairie or Vinson

I prefer the P700

mtd 01-28-2004 01:19 PM

700 Prairie or Vinson

Mikee2,
I tried both, the Vinson is a great ATV and same as the P700, Just wanted to have a little more power so I went with the P700 and liked their design but honnestly 2 great quad and very reliable both.

Check the price and if there's not much of a difference, go with the P700.

REVHIGH 01-28-2004 02:27 PM

700 Prairie or Vinson

C'mon guys, your arguments are valid if there's $2000 difference in cost. Mikee said there wasn't much price difference. You can make all the arguments in the world like your truck isn't big enough, etc. If people are honest, there's no question here. I bet 90% of Vinson owners would gladly trade their new Vinson even up for a new prairie. These 2 machines aren't even in the same class, as evidenced by the fact that they're never even compared in the same article. And if you use the argument that the Vinson is smaller so it can go on tighter trails, I'd find wider trails. If you've ever driven a Prairie 700, and I have many times, rather than reading about reviews of the Prairie and basing arguments on the reviews, you'd agree completely.

That's like saying you'd take a Chevy cavalier over a Mercedes S500 because the Chevy dealer is closer and parts are cheaper. Personally I'd like to know how the deal is even possible, based on the fact that the Prairie has to be a 2004 if it's a 700 (I think). So either Mikee is being raped by the Suzuki dealer or the Kaw dealer stole these things or is going out of business, or it's a repo, or a harshly used demo or something. Things just don't add up for this deal to be true, and we all know it.

RedGoblin 01-28-2004 05:29 PM

700 Prairie or Vinson

If your truck isn't big enough and you don't have a trailer, that is a very significant factor to consider. It's not very logical to get the bigger machine and then spend more money on a trailer. Half the fun of trail riding is negotiating tough, narrow and nimble trails and exploring new, tight-fitting passages. If your quad is too big to do that, then what's the point? Honestly, the Vinson will go everywhere the Prairie will and then some, just not as quickly. You'll outcorner the Prairie everytime anyway if you do decide to keep pace because the Prairie has a squashy front suspension.

REVHIGH 01-28-2004 05:33 PM

700 Prairie or Vinson

Yeah, yeah, you're right, now Mikee go buy that Prairie before the deal goes away, because you'll never see it again !!

Happy riding ...

REV

REVHIGH 01-28-2004 05:58 PM

700 Prairie or Vinson

Goblin, you're making this truck stuff up, there was never any talk about a small truck, cmon dude!!

REV