Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Sportsman 700 efi (polaris)-or-700 Twinpeeks efi(suzuki)-or 660 Grizzly(yamaha)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 12:43 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman 700 efi (polaris)-or-700 Twinpeeks efi(suzuki)-or 660 Grizzly(yamaha)

sportsman efi (polaris)-or-700 twin peeks efi(suzuki)-or 660 grizzly(yamaha) can any one tell me what is the best out of the 3??? i mean as far as strait line speed and 4x4 freindlyness what about handling and power for such as pushing snow???
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-10-2004, 02:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Sportsman 700 efi (polaris)-or-700 Twinpeeks efi(suzuki)-or 660 Grizzly(yamaha)

The 700 Twin Peaks is NOT an EFI. The SP700EFI is the only fuel injected 4x4 out as of right now. The other companies are still trying to play catch up.

Old 05-10-2004, 03:17 AM
Range Rover

The new 700 suzuki, King Quad, will be EFI and of their own design. It should be out within the next few months. There are some with inside info also claiming the new Prairie will be a 750 with EFI, we will have to wait to see though. As far as speed goes all the big bores top out around the same speed 65-70. I think the P700 and twinpeaks get there the quickest. Handling would have to be something you decide for yourself, cushy ride and big ground clearance or firmer ride and sporty handling? When it comes to pushing snow, I think any of them would do a commendable job. As always try to ride as many as you can before you buy. Good luck.

Old 05-10-2004, 04:49 AM
Pro Rider

Mobyguzzer- I see that you have 25" mudlites on both your quads, how do you like them? I have heard that they are a good all around tire that offer exceptional mud performance, yet also good on the trails whether its hard pack or loose dirt......also why did you decide to stay with stock size and not go up to the 26"? Just curious. I just got my grizzly a week ago but already dont like these stock tires and I am wanting something that will handle good on the trail but also work well in the mud. TIA.

Mike

Old 05-10-2004, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

05 should be out soon. I'm waiting to see what pol. does with the EfI. I hope it becomes an800. Automatic,full floorboards,EFI, All hydraulic disc brakes .True all wheel drive, All the other quads keep following Polaris. Why not just get one and stay ahead of foreign slack evolution. Saw a Hyndai after 911 driving down the road with a USA All The Way sticker. Think about it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-10-2004, 01:34 PM
Range Rover

Dirthead- the mudlites have been a decent tire for me, the reason I have stock size it that the dealer would swap out the stockers for no charge if I stayed with 25. I would like to have 26. They have performed very well and I have not suffered any punctures. The biggest downside for me is the fact that my P700 is licensed for the street and the mudlites are a soft compound so they are wearing. I think my next set will be the Maxxis Bighorns but I have been happy with my mudlites.

Old 05-11-2004, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

I have owned several Polaris ATVs in the past, along with other brands, however inovative and great at marketing, the polaris atvs I owned had alot of quality issues. I bought a grizz 660 in sep 2002 and later bought a Kawi 650 , After my first ride I was hooked and later sold the grizz and bought a blue twin peaks( kawi clone). I have never enjoyed riding any ATV of any brand as much I have my P650 and now my twin peaks. I would rate the quality of the 650/700 kawi product on par with honda. Every rag I have ever read and my personal experince the 650 and 700 V-twin and other big bore quads, rates the kawi V-twin motor the best ever put in an ATV.

Old 05-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Trailblazer

I can't comment much about speed and power with these quads. I will say that you would be nuts to get anything other than a Japanese brand ATV. Polaris still has a rather poor reliability record when compared to the other two. I've had Yamahas and Honda products last for years AND still have a good resale value. Can't say the same about Polaris (don't even mention Bombardier).

Old 05-13-2004, 12:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rancherAT
I can't comment much about speed and power with these quads. I will say that you would be nuts to get anything other than a Japanese brand ATV. Polaris still has a rather poor reliability record when compared to the other two. I've had Yamahas and Honda products last for years AND still have a good resale value. Can't say the same about Polaris (don't even mention Bombardier).
If that were 5 years ago, then maybe yeah. But as of today, they are all about equal when it comes to reliability. And where do you get off saying that the Japanese are the only reliable machines. I have heard of MANY reliability issues concerning Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and yes, even Honda

Old 05-13-2004, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rancherAT
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Of course you cant comment. Driving a rancher is such an *** beating that you'll never drive it=low miles =like new condition. Nuts to buy the best atv made? Nuts to buy the only Americn Made? Remember to hold it wide open in the twisties buddy. Probably got a Mitsubihi peppered with American flags too? Go back into hibernation[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Sportsman 700 efi (polaris)-or-700 Twinpeeks efi(suzuki)-or 660 Grizzly(yamaha)