Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

waaaaaaaaatttting on Honda !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 08:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default waaaaaaaaatttting on Honda !!!

Hello all newby hear,i've been reading posts for a while now and finaly joined. I've cought the atv fever and patiantly waiting to see the new Honda Rubicon. After reading several posts I think Im going to get me a red rubby. Is this a wise choice ? I'll be mudding,hill climbing,ridding kids,working in yard,traile riding etc. Has annyone seen or heard what the 05 S are going to be like ? I like the bells and whistlels on the suzuki vinson but not shure about reliability. Anny help would be apreciated very mutch . -------- THANKS-------------[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2004, 01:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm waiting tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo................ ........................................
.................................................. .................................................. .........................................
.................................................. .................................................. .........................................

Old 07-30-2004, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

If you enjoy aggressive trail-riding at all, have them throw on a Warn 424 at the dealer if you get a Rubi. You can't slide that beast very well at all in 4x4, plus it's just plain dangerous that way. I've heard very little complaints about reliability of a Vinson and if you got the manual, no belt to worry about at all. Plus, 4x4-4x2 switchable from the factory and a LOT more power and speed. Suzuki is a good bike, don't be mistaken on that one.

Old 07-30-2004, 03:33 AM
Pro Rider

Good to see another Bama person on here, welcome to the forums. I would probably take the Vinson over the Rubicon if you enjoy fast trail riding, as the power is more lively on the Vinson and the suspension is also more plush. A co-worker of mine has had the Vinson 5 speed for over a year now with not 1 problem, but I know also that the Rubicon is built to last forever. Both are good bikes, just test ride them both and see which one you like better. Let us know what you end up with.

Old 07-30-2004, 12:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The vinson had some manual trans issues in 02 and some scarce belt issues in 03 that have since been fixed in the 04 model year. Its a very reliable machine as far as the engine goes, and the build quality is good. The only real downfall of the bike is the weak plastic front end that will be destroyed the first time you bump something. Just make sure you get a new front bumper if you go that way.

The rubicon is a great machine, but much more work oriented than the quick and playful vinson. You will have plenty of low end, but it wont be as much fun on the trails.

Old 08-07-2004, 02:49 AM
Pro Rider

I've had my 2003 Vinson for many months now and I can say that I ride the crap out of it. It is way fun if you like fast trail riding and I can also say it will keep up with the big 700s too. It's a very nice quad. Suzuki did well.

Old 08-07-2004, 03:13 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

There is no listing on Honda's web site for an 05 Rubicon, and several other ATV's. Several dirt bikes don't have 05 listings either. Could mean there are some changes coming, or maybe not??? In the past, Honda hasn't earned a reputation for making changes, but the market is different now, so maybe they learned a thing or two along the way???

Trending Topics

Old 08-07-2004, 03:27 AM
Pro Rider

Not sure why you would wait anyway. Not that Hondas are bad or anything but they have not been the top quad for some time...at least when it comes to the big utes.

Old 08-07-2004, 09:47 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

The title "top quad", is completely relative! For example, I do mostly very technical rock crawling type stuff on a ute. (I only ride a ute if I absolutely can not get there on a sport bike!) A huge, tall, heavy 700 lb. beast is just a handicap, and in most situations nothing but a recipe for disaster! On the other hand, a compact, light, medium size Rancher with a low center of mass, fits the bill best for me. So for me in that situation, THAT is the "top quad".

I have friends who seem to have just gone out and bought the "magazines choice for top quad" (which changes every issue!), rather than carefully considering their specialized, individual needs. They may live to regret it, I think!

Old 08-09-2004, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah i agree with reconranger always buy a bike that suits your personal needs, not what the magazines say because there just riding it down a nice trail and if they need a cool pic they get off and throw an old rotton log in the way and jump it or something.
-Outrage, i was not attacking what you said in any way, that was just my .02
Between the Rubicon or the Vinson. I do not own either one or either brand but i have ridden both. Rubicon very stong and comfortable. Hard to steer and just kinda felt like i was settin on a tank. Vinson was very nimble ( for a 500 mind you ) and had plenty of power for the average person and was really fun to drive for a big 4x4. Problem with it was Suzuki's new trend was Lets make everything important out of plastic so it breaks.