Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Eagle Plows

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 12:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eagle Plows

Originally posted by: damguy
Thanks for the replies but Dfoster how did the hydraulic angle unit work? Does it have a handlebar switch? Is it easy to install? I checked out the truck and sports website and the price is up to $332.00 . What about Kowner. How do you like yours? Any input appreciated guys.
Thanks, Damguy
I got the turn kit for $289.00 + 10.00 S&H. It's been cold and I haven't installed it. By the instructions, you drill 2 holes in the push tube and one in the angle of the swivel mount. It does have a rocker handlebar switch. It's bigger then the pictures. We just got about 12" of snow. The 800 and moose plow did a great job. I had to get the John Deere out with the front bucket to stack it higher. Hopefully it will warm up in the 20's and I can install it. I'll let you know. Let me know if you want a copy of the instructions.

Old 01-23-2005, 06:45 PM
Range Rover
Default Eagle Plows

Although somewhat more expensive, I bring my son with me on his Rancher. He brings a couple of shovels and does touch-up work while I plow. When it's time for a different angle, I just summon him over and he adjusts/changes the angle of the plow as needed. He also warms up my machine for while I'm suiting up; somehting these power angle units probably won't do.

Old 01-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!
Default Eagle Plows

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot (great call sign!)

I like the idea about the biological remote (kid) doing the angle changes and warmup duties. BRs are great for a lot of different duties. Sometimes kind of hard starting but they tend to improve after you keep them around for 18 or 20 years.

On the Swisher plow the angle release lever is set up to be released by pulling a rope from the saddle. You just trip the release and push with the side of the blade you want to move back. Maybe you could adapt something like this to your plow. Way less expensive and more reliable than a hydraulic system. Still wouldn't warm the machine up for you tho.

Old 01-26-2005, 08:13 PM
Trailblazer
Default Eagle Plows

Great idea tencubed! I have a small pulley and some paracord. I'm sure I can rig something up. Looking forward to hearing the scoop from dfoster when he gets that power angle unit installed. We got 15" Saturday and another 7" today. Getting better at planning my plowing so I don't have to get on and off as much. But having the ability to angle on the go is definately on my agenda!!!