Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

alaska dealers

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 06:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alaska dealers

went to the yamaha dealer in anchorage alaska. the guy was nice and let us ride a kodiak 450, so i told the guy straight up that we are buyin two fo them. and what if i said with winch 5900 out the door. he said he didn;t think so and highly doubted it. and i have heard of guys gettin it for a lot less then that. what is yoru experience with that and dealers around anchorage, which places ar best to go around here. thanks any info is great. not buyin one at this instant so didn;t matter to much what he said to that. but will be buyin in near future. thank you mike

Old 11-18-2004, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alaska dealers

Goins,

What where you doing in Anchorage? Flying thru or are you in the military and stationed up here?

As for Anchorage Yamaha, who did you talk to? Squeeks or Steve?

I doubt you would get them to budge at all on the price if they do not know you. I refer guys to them all the time and I even have 4 of their quads in my shed, 2 Kodiak 450's(04's) an a older Timberwolf(97) and a Raptor 50(04) and I have gotten great deals from them. The Kodiak's were priced at 6200 and I got them for 5700 then I added some goodies for alittle more. I get great deals from them, but I stop in there every couple of weeks and BS with them so they know me pretty good.

You said you were going to buy 2 of them if the OTD price was 5900 but I hate to tell you this they saw thru it as BS, they and just like every other dealer in the country can tell when the buyer is serious. When you are serious about buying, make it a point to visit as often as you can and make them remember you and tell them you want and are going to buy but the price has to be better and see what they say. It might take several visits but you might catch them on a week that they have not moved many quads or sleds and they are in the mood to deal so they can get the comission. It has worked for me on sleds from Polaris and even from Suzuki for my first quad but now I just go to see Squeeks and tell him what I want and he comes up with a price and amazing, it always seems to be very close to what I want to pay.

As for dealers. I am biased on Anchorage Yamaha but I found Anchorage Suzuki Artic Cat are not the most helpful and that the salesman know less then the new buyer and the parts counter only knows the words "We don't stock it, but we can order it for you for an extra amount".

Marita Sea and Ski are realy good as well as Alaska Power Sports, prices are somewhat decent and the parts and service counter guys are very helpful and effecient, this is on sleds since I have never had to deal with them on quads.

Honda of Anchorage has the atitude that if you do not like our price, oh well. The next guy thru the door will pay it, "since it is a Honda and therefore there is no reason to discount the price". This the Honda of Anchorage South dealership, not the main one over by Merril Airfield.

Never tried the Kawasaki dealer so I do not know how they rate in my book.

AlaskaBoy.