Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Please help!!!! Sunken fourwheeler :(

Old 12-13-2004, 06:36 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help!!!! Sunken fourwheeler :(

well, its a fairly simple prodedure for a mechanically minded person

who normally does the tuneup on your bike? a shop?

it may be better to have them do it during the next tune up

If you want to give it a try,,,,do a search on wolverine and valves in the yamaha forum. plenty of info on this toipc

You will need a set of feeler guages, a 5mm alan wrench and a 10mm socket along with removing your plastics and gas tank. All you are checking for is the distance between the valve and rocker arms,,when the engine is at TDC and adjusting them if they are off.

Old 12-13-2004, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

Bing,

I do what I can otherwise it goes to the local dealership because the owner is one of our friends/neighbors and we like to send him business.

I have the correct tools and I am gonna look up all the info I can find. I am semi-mechanically minded and if I think I can do it myself I will.

Ryan

Old 12-13-2004, 07:12 PM
Super Quad Patrol

most of the time is spent removing plastic and such

it is a fairly simple procedure,,,,,let us know if you have any problems

Old 12-13-2004, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

Bing, good idea on the flush with a bit of diesel fuel, thats an old motor flush trick from way back. Just make sure you get all of the D Fuel flushed out with motor oil, but it sure cleans well.

Old 12-13-2004, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

MNWOLVERINE, Sorry about going a lil off topic but I just got a wolverine and I never took it in lake or any mud. Will I regret ever buying it? Do you get stuck alot?

--------------------------
04 Honda Rubicon
03 Kawasaki prairie 360 4x4
01 Yamaha wolverine FMF megamax, oxlite bootguards, K&N air filter, maier hand guards, Brute floorboards, full skid plates, moose fender extensions.

Old 12-13-2004, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

Bigballer,

No, you will never regret buying your wolverine. I think it is the best purchase I have ever made in my life.

As to you question do I get stuck alot, No. This was by no means a little sissy mudpuddle. I am usually the one pulling other people out. I am just little bit more willing too try difficult situations than the average person. When I finally gave up and couldn't move it anymore, all you could see was the gas cap, handle bars, and the front rack. I wouldn't try to take the biggest most bad a$$ wheeler on the market through there after that experience. Yet it won't stop me from taking my wolvy through the next challenge I find. I just like to play in the tough stuff.

One thing you should now is if you are planning in playing in the mud alot, you may want to upgrade your tires. Those stock 23" dunlops just don't give you the opportunity on your wolvy to go through the deep stuff. Put a nice aftermarket set of 25's on and it will feel like a whole different wheeler. IMO the first mod any new wolverine owner should get is aftermarket tires. ( Then a Warn 424 kit the next day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])

Ryan

Old 12-13-2004, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the help. I bought 25-10-12 mudlites for the rear and 25-8-12 for the front about a week ago so I am expecting them soon.
---------------------------------
01 Yamaha wolverine FMF megamax, oxlite bootguards, K&N air filter, maier hand guards, Brute floorboards, full skid plates, moose fender extensions.

Old 12-14-2004, 01:40 AM
Super Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BigBaller
Thanks for the help. I bought 25-10-12 mudlites for the rear and 25-8-12 for the front about a week ago so I am expecting them soon.
---------------------------------
oh man,,,you will enjoy those!!!

i want a set for our scrammy

Old 12-14-2004, 01:41 AM
Super Quad Patrol

bigballer,
to change your signature line,,,,,go to your 'profile' page and there is a section that you can fill in with all your info

Old 12-14-2004, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

Why do people believe that having submerged a four wheeler will affect the tappet clearances? Though it's not a bad idea to keep these adjustments accurate why would a dunking change them? If the idea is the sudden temperature change then anytime you get the motor wet the same thing happens and you don't hear people crying to check the valve lash every time you get the motor wet! What gives? Is this just armchair mechanics sounding knowledgeable?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please help!!!! Sunken fourwheeler :(