Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Grizzly, or King Quad or ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grizzly, or King Quad or ????

once you try the power of the brute force 750 there is no going back, EVERYTHING is slow after riding the BRUTE[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2005, 12:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

traxter has more bells and whistles and has gear to gear tranny, not a rubber band

Old 02-27-2005, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

Little Bill, you can't say ALL Grizzlies are bad because you saw one snap an axle. Obviously there was a flaw in that particular axle. That's like saying all Chevy trucks are bad because I saw one get a flat tire.

Old 02-27-2005, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

Hey loanshark....sounds like you and I are floating around in the same boat! I've also heard a couple things about the griz axles, but I like so many things about it. The KQ was my choice....not with the trans issue. I'm actually thinking about the 500 ho polaris but can't seem to find much said about them except most owners are happy with them....can anyone give a good comparison of that to the 660 griz? Is the griz a gas hog?

Old 02-27-2005, 09:19 AM
Pro Rider

Why the Cat? Biggest ground clearance, V-Twin motor, MRP racks, highest rack capacity, 2" truck style tow hitch, 6.5 gallon gas tank, locker, 2 year warranty, and on it goes. You should at the very least go look at it, preferably ride it. If you're shopping around, shop anround and look at everything. Cheers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2005, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider

But its so f*****ugly! Ok....I'll look.....

Old 02-27-2005, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: neversunk
But its so f*****ugly! Ok....I'll look.....
Ugly compared to what? A Polaris? A Bombardier? There's worse out there. How 'bout a John Deere, now that's ugly. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. I like the 05's, but they don't just look pretty.

Old 02-27-2005, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

OK I checked the cats....I don't like em. I like the polaris 4 wd system the best...Kawasaki definately not, Yami is acceptable....but the polaris seems to have the edge with the on the fly 4 wd, EFI, ground clearence and smooth ride. I'm not happy with the weight of the unit because I will be using it for ice fishing, but that was where the KQ got my additional vote over the polaris....the weight. Ritchie Powersports in Tenn is advertising a polaris sp 700 EFI for $6578 out the door and the 800 EFI for $7377 out the door. I especially like their glacier plow system. I read a few too many posts about the Griz breaking axles. Anybody know of anything bad to watch for on the Polaris? I have heard good things about their warranty coverage, and I think they have a "limited" lifetime belt warranty whatever that means.
The competetion has to be grinning all the way to the bank over the KQ issue......the pricing on all the competetions units in that catagory are pretty close so I doubt many people will avoid another brand due to price. Especially if you consider that with a KQ you might end up with a $2500 repair bill two or three years from now....

Old 02-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't like any power between your legs huh?

Old 02-27-2005, 04:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The only complaint that Polaris has is the noisey drivetrain and some small issues with the efi. Other then that they are tough, reliable, lots of power, storage compartments are very cool, they look awsome, they are heavy because they are built like a tank. Even with being so heavy they still handle better then most others.

Quick Reply: Grizzly, or King Quad or ????