Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Polaris riders listen up

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 08:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris riders listen up

i have been influenced to buy a polaris. i wanted to get the bf750. i am confused on which to get. why should i have a polaris instead of a yamaha. thanks

Old 05-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

You really are confused. The BF750 is a Kawasaki not a Yamaha. Do your own research and buy the one YOU like best. There are very few people who have the "perfect quad". Most are a compromise between cost, features, quality, weight, performance, brand loyalty, color, etc....

All new quads are made with quality and if taken care of will last a very long time. Choose wisely and have fun.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

Do your own research and buy the one YOU like best. There are very few people who have the "perfect quad
I Agree. The Best way to reaseach your nest quad purchase is seat time. Ride the models that you are considering if at all possible. You should be the deciding factor in what you get, not what you read somewhere. Good luck

Old 05-26-2005, 04:57 AM
Pro Rider

I'll make it easy for you ....Buy the '05 Polaris. Unless you looking for a pure sport ride.

+Ride
+Storage
+Power
+tires/wheels
+premium features
='05 Polaris

Old 05-26-2005, 11:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

go ride the BF750 and the Polaris 800. both the most powerfull quads built, and they can both easly out run most sport quads. each one has its own quirks. the suspention on the BF is very tippy and sucks, were as the 800 is like a cadalac and not really built for raceing.

and if theres one good sport thing about the polaris', they're FAST

Old 05-26-2005, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider

You better check out the KingQuad 700 also... It sounds awesome, wish it would have been out when I bought my 05 Grizz so I could have looked at that one too.

Old 05-26-2005, 09:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the king quad is nice, but racers have been chooseing the 800, do a search for it. when dirtwheels did the big bore tests, king quad was first, polaris 700 was second (couldent get an 800) and BF750 was third. we all know we cant really trust these magazine companys, but hey, atlest it gives you the general view.

Trending Topics

Old 05-26-2005, 09:57 PM
rc3
Pro Rider

BRUTE FORCE 750

Old 05-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey man
Both are great quads. You might look at maintenance expenses. Alot of the Polaris stuff is only available through your dealer so you would have more aftermarket options with the Kawasaki. Good Luck!

Old 05-27-2005, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

I agree, all new atv's are built tough and ready to ride but it's the rider and maintance that makes or breaks the atv and the owners thoughts of his/her machine or brand. I looked at the hondas and yamahas then decided on the Polaris sportsman 700EFI because I wanted fuel injection and didn't want to deal with a choke or carb jetting. I also liked the heavy duty structure of the polaris compared to the other brands, this is where Polaris gets it's extra weight from. the IRS is much better on the polaris than the honda and for overall looks, style, comfort, ride, handling etc. you can't go wrong with a sportsman and the EFI is an added bonus. this is just my opinion, I like the Yamaha Kodiak and grizzly also but for me the Polaris sportsman 700EFI was perfect and the price was right. the only thing I wish polaris did was put a longer warranty on their atv's, 6 months just isn't enough on these expensive toys.

Quick Reply: Polaris riders listen up