Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Don't take your quad to Canada

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't take your quad to Canada

Myself and five friends had all or machines stolen in Quebec. Two GMC 2500 diesel trucks, two enclosed trailers and 6 ATV's GONE! My warning, NEVER GO TO CANADA ON VACATION! Crime is rampant and the police DON'T CARE!

Old 02-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Carry a gun, shoot first, ask questions later

Old 02-18-2006, 12:08 PM
Trailblazer

S orry about your bad luck and loss. There are a$$holes where ever you go in this world but I wouldn't say crime is rampant here in Canada. I like the idea of shootin the bastages but make sure the gun is registered! I never lock my doors here and maybe I don't have a problem because I have a restricted weapon in the form of a Pitt Bull and registered guns, the Gov't seems to think registering and banning guns and dogs will make our country a crime free Utopia! I am truly sorry you had a bad experience here and hope they catch the thieves and you get your stuff back!

Old 02-18-2006, 12:27 PM
Trailblazer

I'm sorry to hear of your experiance....rest assured though that isn't a common experiance, at least no more than it would be in anywhere in North America, I'm sure the same could be said by vistors from California to New York, or New Brunswick to Texas or.....you get the point (I hope).....
your experiance with the gendarmes has little to do with you being American since any Anglophone (English only speaking) Canadian would likely have had the same problem IF you end up trying to report to a Francophone (French only speaking) cop...................
my family is from Nova Scotia so we drive through Quebec regularly as we transition to/from Manitoba we regularly run into "the attitude; French is superior"and I can say some of these folks are pr-cks.
I believe that most can speak English but they choose not to, especially if they see you can't speak a word of French (these are the viv-la-quebec libre' folks).....
not all are like that, I have many bi-lingual friends from Quebec who see their friends and acquaintances "forgetting" how to speak English when the notion suits them..........some of these clowns are french cops!
so long story short.....don't get too pissed with Canada over this (we are p-ssed off enough about it)...
it's just some d-ck weeds and I'm sure the gendarme's will round em up and send them to a government sponsored country club for a years worth of weekends over this.....

2005 King Quad

Old 02-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

Grand theft auto is not a felony in Quebec, what is up with that? $130,000 worth of stuff gone and even if they were caught I was told they would never serve a day in jail.

They are too busy enforcing so called hate crimes, I feel I was personally violated in Quebec, can I claim rape?

Every dealer I have talked since then in my area says they here of this on a weekly basis.

Figures I find out about this to late.

I really don't want to offend anyone living in Canada, but I find Montreal area to be a sespool

Old 02-18-2006, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

last year a friends dad of mine went up there snowmobiling..he was talking to a guy at the truck stop and asked how many sleds had been stolen..the guy said 60 and 47 in 1 hit...there was a tractor trailer carrying them somewhere and the guys took the whole thing

Old 02-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

ok i am gonna make ALOT of people angry here. there are certain area's in the states that is claimed to have people who are shall we say dink's as a larger part of the population and i heard that canada's providence that this area is, is quebec. i live 7 miles from manitoba and they are some of the most absolute friendliest people you will ever meet i spend alot of time up there and every experience is good so i wouldn't judge the whole country on one providence and didn't quebec wanna break off to their own country anyways i say let them. i suggest go to manitoba lots of fun there.

Old 02-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Range Rover

Wow. that's a hell of a loss. I'd like to think that Canadians would never do that but then I don't consider Quebec part of Canada.should of let them seperate when they wanted too.

Old 02-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

where in quebec did they get stolen from??theres crime everywhere you just gotta watch your stuff and what kind of 4 wheelers got stolen??if its from around me i'll keep an eye open for them

Old 02-19-2006, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Rackman
Wow. that's a hell of a loss. I'd like to think that Canadians would never do that but then I don't consider Quebec part of Canada.should of let them seperate when they wanted too.
wtf are you talkin about quebec is one of the nicest parts of canada and i don't know why they wanted to separate our government is a bunch of frogs but man wtf you just pissed me off

Quick Reply: Don't take your quad to Canada