Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Snowbear plow

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snowbear plow

Does anyone own, or seen a snowbear slowplow for an ATV? I seen thier web site, and seen it in the canadian tire flyer. I will be buying a plow from canadian tire ( got gift certificates for a wedding present to buy one)
The snowbear plow hooks up to your trailer hitch, the plow frame is that long!! saves from mounting a bracket to the frame with u bolts i guess.
Any experiences with snowbear plows welcome! Thanks!

Old 11-06-2006, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Snowbear plow

Hear with that set-up that your quad won't squat the front, like most plows....

Old 11-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Snowbear plow

Originally posted by: thunderchicken
Does anyone own, or seen a snowbear slowplow for an ATV? I seen thier web site, and seen it in the canadian tire flyer. I will be buying a plow from canadian tire ( got gift certificates for a wedding present to buy one)
The snowbear plow hooks up to your trailer hitch, the plow frame is that long!! saves from mounting a bracket to the frame with u bolts i guess.
Any experiences with snowbear plows welcome! Thanks!
What is the total price with the mount and plow??....Does it lift with your winch or have a manual lift lever??
Also what make and model quad are you mounting it too. I am looking at buying a Polaris Glacier plow the cost is 359.99 for the plow frame and 319.99 for the 60" razor blade....takes about 60 seconds to install on the quad after the mount plate is installed.(prices CAN)....Thanks......caper......
Let me know how you like it after your install.....and some snow.....thanks.....Muskoka,Ontario.......

Old 11-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Snowbear plow

the snowbear plow (48") is 599.99 complete. It comes with everything you need. Comes with a manual lift, or can use a winch, but I dont have one. I'll be putting it on my 04 Honda TRX 350 4x4.

Old 11-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Snowbear plow

I bought a 48" snobear plow this past March at Sam's Club (a wholesale warehouse type of store, for our friends up North who might not be familiar with the place). I got a really great deal as a matter of fact. Turns out the actual kit I bought was the store's display model. Since it was a seasonal item, they were just trying to get rid of it so as to avoid the hassle of disassembling and shipping it back to Ontario. I haggled a little with the manager and got it on clearance for $185.00 USD after tax!

Right off the bat though I noticed a few parts missing. Apperently they were lost while it was on display at the store. So I went to the company website and contacted thier customer service. They sent me all the parts I was missing as well as a PDF copy of the owners manual/assembly instructions free of charge!

I haven't plowed with it yet(no snow down here yet ), but last week I tried to mount it and ran into a few problems.

1.) The Bracket supplied to mount to the frame won't fit on my 05 Kodiak. It seems like the frame rails are about a half inch too far apart for the bracket. I'm going to try to take the main skid plate off and see if it fits then. The manual said that the kit is supposed to fit on all makes and models.?????

2.) There is no suitable lift point on the plow assembly to hook a winch to. I'll have to fabricate something to connect to, or just use the manual lift lever the kit comes with.

3.) The cotter pin and key assembly for the hitch mount that was supplied (one of the missing parts sent after purchase) dosen't fit. It is too short and the wrong diameter. I was able to find a suitable replacement at a local trailer store.

Old 11-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Snowbear plow

I have the PDF version of the manual if anyone would like to take a look. It's 1.7 MB, about 20 pages, and includes some photos of parts and mounting procedure.

I'll also try to snap a few pics of the problems I'm having when I try to make it fit this weekend.

Old 11-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Snowbear plow

I bought that plow from Canadian Tire 2 years ago when it was on sale. So far its working fine but every year I have to install the bracket as it reduce my ground clearance. It would be nice to have sides on the plow itself so it could catch more snow and not spill on each side.

I have so much fun plowing in the winter that I will sometimes clear a few neighboor's driveway.

2005 kodiak
Stock(for now)
New tires soon I hope (just too many choice's for tires)

Old 11-22-2006, 02:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Snowbear plow

Neurodog

Did you mount a SnowBear plow on your 2005 Kodiak?

How do you get the frame bracket to fit on your frame rails?

See my previous post in this thread.

Old 11-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Snowbear plow

I'm sorry, I have the PowerBlade. I did not know Canadian Tire sold another model.
Maybe the same plate/bracket would work on the SnowBear?

Sorry about that.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default Snowbear plow

Neurodog,
How do you like the powerblade plow? I was looking at Canadian Tire tonight and that was the only type of plow they had. Buddy told me that they go on sale next week for about 100.00 less so i'm kind of thinking on one. The store had no Snowbear plows in stock.

Quick Reply: Snowbear plow