Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

can't we all just get along?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 07:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can't we all just get along?

I was wrong to cut down belt drives cause I never rode or operated a newer ATV with a belt drive, but in the same way you guys that own belt drives never rode or operated a gear drive, shift machine atv. I understand many guys in this forum are new to ATV's and belt drives are the only type of atv they know about, I can understand why they think their atv is the best cause they never been on another one, im guilty of that too, I never rode a Grizzly or King Quad. Im sorry and I appoligize to anybody or everybody I have offended. Thank You

Old 11-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

Nice backhanded apology. For the record, I've operated both. I'll keep my belt drive. With the continuously variable terrain I ride, I'll keep my CVT. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

I see no problem in debating different ideas and sharing opinions, but you definately have a way of starting off these threads that incite other people to fight you. You could have accomplished the same thing by asking why Honda doesn't use belts......

Old 11-25-2006, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MotoF150
I was wrong to cut down belt drives cause I never rode or operated a newer ATV with a belt drive, but in the same way you guys that own belt drives never rode or operated a gear drive, shift machine atv. I understand many guys in this forum are new to ATV's and belt drives are the only type of atv they know about, I can understand why they think their atv is the best cause they never been on another one, im guilty of that too, I never rode a Grizzly or King Quad. Im sorry and I appoligize to anybody or everybody I have offended. Thank You
ive owned both too and i to will keep my belt drive too.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

Moto, you are an example of the worst aspect of these forums. People get on here after their first ride on an atv or their first visit to a dealer and think they know everything about them. They state these so called "facts" about other atvs based on what they have been told by their buddy's cousin's uncle. Or what they saw on some video test by a manufacturer. These things are geared to get you to buy their product.
I do not have a lot of experience on a lot of atvs out there. I will only give an opinion on what I have first hand knowledge of and if everyone else would do the same, this forum would have a lot better information on it for new riders and technical help for those that need it.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

Mr Foreman Dan, I have owned other ATV's in the past but sold them in favor of dirt and street bikes, now im back with another atv and I don't want to offend but what I see is the guys that own the bigger and badder atv's are the ones that are afraid to ride them, it buggs me when I see most of the guys with the bigger atvs and they go thru the woods as slow as a turtle, they are afraid to jump, get a scratch on them, get them muddy, I mean why did they buy an atv for? I ride for the fun and thrill I wanta see how fast I can go, how steep of a hill or how deep thru the mud I can go. I don't mean to offend but I don't like it when someone with a bigger and bad atv tells me that their atv can go what-ever faster and better, but they fail to understand that bigger and bad and faster atv is useless with a rider that either can't handle it or is afraid of it.

Old 11-25-2006, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MotoF150

Even your appologies are 1/2 assed MotoF ... do a poll on this forum and see just how many people have had geared ATV's before and/or continue to have geared ATV's. I would lay great odds that the vast majority of the forum users either have or had geared ATV's.

As for someone having a bigger badder atv than you and going slow .. who really cares. They got it because they could get it, and wanted to get it. If you want to go fast, then do it ...

Trending Topics

Old 11-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

can't we all just get along?
Not when you respond with posts like this one.
Your lame post Or the F150 post............or the ................or the..................

Old 11-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

edited by atvconnection moderator

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2006, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

My point. By your own admission you have never ridden a newer model belt drive quad. Yet you come on here acting like you know all about them. You are giving an opinion based on what? I have ridden some. I have a friend with a Bomb 800 that I have trail time on. I have a Sportsman 600 that I have time on. I prefer my Rincon. It fits me. If none of the belt drive quads fit their owners, the manufacturers would not be selling any.