Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

King Quad 700 vs Grizz 700, which is faster?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad 700 vs Grizz 700, which is faster?????

Hey FITS!

That giant scale gas planes.. aerobatic stuff is really awesome to watch.....saw some on youtube and was like WOW!

Old 01-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TrailxRider
Hey, I'm good.

Where exactly you live, and ride at? We may have ridden together before.
I have a place in Pittsburgh, but ride in crawford county area, near meadville, pa

Old 01-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: squeege
Originally posted by: TrailxRider
Hey, I'm good.

Where exactly you live, and ride at? We may have ridden together before.
I have a place in Pittsburgh, but ride in crawford county area, near meadville, pa

Hmm. Can't say I've ridden there. I've ridden tons of different poker runs, Marienville, Bedford, Ashland, and a ton of other places.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: squeege
Hey FITS!

That giant scale gas planes.. aerobatic stuff is really awesome to watch.....saw some on youtube and was like WOW!
yea i got two 35% planes. yak and edge 540. i fly 3d. its alot of fun. and u do get adrenalin flow with them..i have done that more in the past five years. well other then quad riding.. ive tried to stick to these two.. but money gets tight at times. but guess thats life.. i try to spread my butter too thin at times. but hobbies keep u sane. and its better then some. who set in bars and just drink it away.and get fat... hobbies are good clean fun.. well sometimes muddy fun.. he he

Old 01-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Range Rover

I have the grizzly 700. If I remember correctly from info I've gotten. the King quad and grizzly are pretty close, but the KQ has a slightly higher top speed. I just found out however that the grizzly 700 you can adjust the fuel management your self for a 16% power increase from the factory setting and you can pick up around 9-10 mph top speed. Both are supposed to be great quads. I was trying to decide between the grizzly and the KQ. I went for the more expensive Grizzly because it has more ground clearence and awsome engine braking. I was hesitant at first, but soon after it arived, that hesitation went away. Which ever you go with, I'm sure you'll be happy with the decision. Choose wich one seems to be grabbing your attention the most.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:04 AM
2TV
Pro Rider

About that fuel management adjustment on the Grizzly, remember that the originator of that report already had a performance exhaust system installed. I do not know if they had made any air intake (air filter) changes or not. Adjusting the fuel map would be necessary if the air intake flow and / or exhaust flow rate is modified just as you would have to modify the jetting with similar modifications on a carbureted model. So I'm pretty sure the performance exhaust system had something to do with that power increase and chances are that modifying the fuel map on a completely stock Grizzly would not have the same effect. Also that 9 - 10 MPH speed increase was over the measured course that they were using. I don't think that changing the fuel map or even in addition to making air intake / exhaust modifications will increase your top speed. It will just help the machine to get to it's top speed quicker than before...

Old 01-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider

the gy wich could only use his one arm road the grizz in the one video. he did adjust the fuel on it. and that one he road did not have the pipe. they did a 1/8 mile run.. standing start. it gained 8 mph in there 1/8 mile run. top speed wich eveyone seems so worried about. stayed the same. it hit the rev limiter at 62 on the radar gun. and the speedo on the grizz read 65. but the one armed fella did run it stock. only adjusting the fuel. the other fella that raced it around the woods and track had the grizzo pipe on it. and yes im sure the pipe would wake it up. i have one on order. should be here today. yeaaaaa!! ive adjusted mine some. and it does make a difference. when i get my pipe. ill go higher. or to where it seems best for me. more in. more out.. theres the key. i will get to see just what the pipe does for me. grant it. i dont have radar guns and all that. but i can surely tell some by the seat of my pants..

Old 01-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

I would get the Grizz for two reasons.One PS.two the Grizz is geared lower and doesn't lose as much power when you put larger tires on them or us it at higher altitude

Old 01-12-2007, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

King vrs Griz and all other big bores, its not about the power. I scratched the Bombs, the Cats, and Polaris because of their linked brakes. I want right hand front brake along with good 4 wheel engine braking. Next issue is handling and the King has issues like steering instability in the rocks. So that leaves Griz as the only option for me and power/speed was never a factor.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:07 PM
Range Rover

I think he will be happy with either one he gets. But I think looking at the specs would probably determine which one you want. They both are obviously great bikes, but its all about what YOU want it for. So take a look.

Look at the specs:

Grizzly:

Type 686cc liquid-cooled w/fan, SOHC four-stroke single; 4-valve
Bore x Stroke 102mm x 84mm
Compression Ratio 9.2:1
Carburetion Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI), 44mm
Ignition 32 Bit ECU
Starting System Electric
Transmission Yamaha Ultramatic? V-belt/H, L, N, R, P
Engine Braking All wheel
Drive Train Yamaha On-Command? pushbutton 3-way locking differential, 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD; shaft
Chassis
Suspension/Front Independent double wishbone, 7.1? travel w/5-way preload adjustment
Suspension/Rear Independent double wishbone, 9.5? travel w/5-way preload adjustment
Brakes/Front Dual hydraulic disc
Brakes/Rear Dual hydraulic disc
Tires/Front AT25 x 8-12 w/aluminum wheels
Tires/Rear AT25 x 10-12 w/aluminum wheels
Dimensions
L x W x H 81.3" x 46.5" x 48.8"
Seat Height 35.6"
Wheelbase 49.2"
Turning Radius 126"
Ground Clearance 11.8"
Fuel Capacity 5.3 gal.
Dry Weight 600 lb.
Rack Capacity 99 lb. front/187 lb. rear
Towing Capacity 1212 lb.
Other
Instrumentation Digital LCD multifunction display: speedometer, odometer, dual trip, hour meter, clock, fuel, gear position
Lighting Dual 35W Halogen multireflector headlights & 21/5W brake light

KQ:

Engine: 695cc, DOHC, four-stroke, single cylinder, liquid-cooled
Bore Stroke: 102.0 X 85.0mm
Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
Fuel System: Fuel Injection
Lubrication: Wet sump
Ignition: CDI
Transmission: V-belt CVT automatic with high/low range sub-transmission, 2WD/4WD/4WD front differential lock
Final Drive: Shaft drive
Overall Length: 2120mm (83.5 in.)
Overall Width: 1210mm (47.6 in.)
Overall Height: 1220mm (48.0 in.)
Seat Height: 860mm (33.9 in.)
Ground Clearance: 260mm (10.2 in.)
Wheelbase: 1280mm (50.4 in.)
Dry Weight: 272kg (602 lbs.)
Suspension Front: Independent, double A-arm, oil-damped, five preload settings
Suspension Rear: Independent, double A-Arm oil-damped, five preload settings
Brakes Front: Dual hydraulic disc
Brakes Rear: Sealed hydraulic disc
Tires Front: AT 25 x 8-12
Tires Rear: AT 25 x 10-12
Fuel Tank Capacity: 17.5 liter (4.6 gal.)
Color: Black, Green, Red

They're VERY similar. I personally would go with another KQ, just like a lot of people would say that they would get another Grizzly. It's up to your personal preference. Either one will be a great choice.

Hope this helps [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: King Quad 700 vs Grizz 700, which is faster?????