Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

YAMAHA GRIZZ 700 VS POLARIS SP800

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YAMAHA GRIZZ 700 VS POLARIS SP800

If you want to see a Polaris doing the popo hop down a hill take a look at Yamaha's new DVD.They also show how weak Polaris's drive system is.The belt burn is kind of funny.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: brpbear
If you want to see a Polaris doing the popo hop down a hill take a look at Yamaha's new DVD.They also show how weak Polaris's drive system is.The belt burn is kind of funny.
Hmmmmmmm................and to think that Yamaha is not being bias......LOL. Polaris has their own video competition, Can-am has their own, Yamaha now has their own and soon the other will. If you look at each, you see that particular manufacture makes their quad look the best, so really none of these videos mean anything unless you are brand loyal. Find 3 independent third party's to conduct their own individual test and then compair them with the videos. You will see a big difference. Remember the old saying,

"FIGURES CAN LIE ..............AND LIARS CAN FIGURE!"

Old 05-03-2007, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

Have you seen the DVD.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

I didn't see that DVD Bruce. I did see the one where they roll your Bomb on it's back and expose it's joke of a frame though. That was quite amusing.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

The under side of outty does need more protection but at least their is some thing their worth protecting.Un like Jenny Craig with it's low tech push rod engine that is so slow that most 700s including the Grizz will eat it.If you do take the time to look at the DVD they also show how poor the electrical is on the Polaris.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

Get the Grizz!
I had to make major mods to my Polarass (see below) to get it running right!

Old 05-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

The Polaris does have some weight to it. I think you would find your Can-Am would also if BRP did not skimp on your frame. However, Can-Am wanted the fastest machine they could come up with and weight counts. It will be interesting to see what happens when Polaris raises their displacement up to a true 800ccs and how they will compare then. I have heard this and a lighter weight model is possible this year. We will see. Imagine if you had to eat your words Bruce. I know...you think never. But boy would it be funny.

Don't matter to me what you bashers think. I'm happy as a clam. And I abuse my quads a lot more than most people. If belts were a problem, I would know it. I tow just under 1000 lbs a few times a month in addition to my own weight and the weight of the machine. I plow. I ride through rivers and streams. Never had a belt problem yet. In other words, I really use my machine. So when people talk smack I just laugh. Half the people doing it don't use their quad anywhere near what I do.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

Have you seen the DVD.
Yep, and anyone can make something look good or bad. Have you seen the can-am or polaris video???? But, it doesn't matter. All these videos from each manufacture contridicts the others, yet says their quads are the best. Thus there is no way to say one video is right and the other are wrong w/o independent 3rd party test. So if you want to believe what you see on the video, then you must believe all the things you see in Star Treck or Star Wars as to be true....LOL. Enjoy the fantasy....LOL.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

The under side of outty does need more protection but at least their is some thing their worth protecting.Un like Jenny Craig with it's low tech push rod engine that is so slow that most 700s including the Grizz will eat it.If you do take the time to look at the DVD they also show how poor the electrical is on the Polaris.
WHAT A JOKE!!!!! The arctic cats and can-ams almost weight as much as the polaris. And, there is only 2 quads that can out run a polaris sportsman 800, which is the can-am 800 and bf750. Other than that, no 650-700cc class utility quad will outrun it. That is a fact, so you stay in your fantancy if you choose.

Also, if the polaris has "poor" electrical problems, I have yet to see it on all the ones that ride them across the river at a local mud ridding place. It is usually the polaris's that don't have problems with the deep water and mud.

You should be a stand up comedian. What a work of art. Remember, "IF YOU BASH.........YOU MUST BE TRASH!" So if the shoe fits, keep wearing it. At least most of us respect what others ride.

Old 05-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

my title says that my kingquad 300 has 24 HP LOL now who is fudging lmao

Quick Reply: YAMAHA GRIZZ 700 VS POLARIS SP800