Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

YAMAHA GRIZZ 700 VS POLARIS SP800

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default YAMAHA GRIZZ 700 VS POLARIS SP800

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: brpbear

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: OutLawRider17

I think the Sportsman 800 would be way better It might be hevier than the

Grizzly. But it out pulles and it is faster the grizzly. the grizzly is 602 lb and the sportsman is 770 lb. But the Sportsman is faster and can pull 1500 lb the grizzly can only pull 1212 lb.</end quote></div>

If he gets the Jenny Crig thats 170 lb of dead wieght and even the 500 outty is faster than jenny.</end quote></div>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......................THAT IS NOT TRUE!!! The 500 outy nore the 650 out will out run the 800 polaris. I challenged you to check at the atv park Shiloh Ridge of last falls drag race results. Yet, you still don't. Here they are again and it is just a phone call away.

Well, at last falls ATV rodeo at SHILOH RIDGE park in Alto, Texas, the following were the winners of the drag race of 200 yards.

1st = outy800
2nd = bf750
3rd = polaris 800
4th = outy650
5th = bf650
7th = griz700
8th = kq700
9th = rincon680
10th = rincon650

This was the big bore stock class. Call Shiloh Ridge up and you will see. So you can make up trash all you want, but here is proof if you dare to check it out. But probably you will just come back with lip service.

You obviously don't like polaris and this is your choice, which I respect. However, don't through out untruths just to make you feel better about not liking polaris. Here is another place to call for drag race numbers between the polaris 800 and the outy 500 and 650........Gene's Powersports in Baytown, Texas. They carry Can-am, Polaris and Yamaha. To them, they are not bias b/c they sell all. Five weeks ago they had Can-Am days on Friday and Saturday. The Can-Am reps were there with several of their quads as well as other manufactures big bore quads. Gene's Powersports has about 30 acres and a riding track as well as a drag track. The only two quads that beat the polaris 800 in a 200 yard drag was the Can-Am 800 and the Brute Force 750. Just call and they will give you the results.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: kas379

The Yamaha is good all the way around as long as you're satisfied with the okay power you get from it</end quote></div>

The Grizzly is no slouch. I can show you video of a Brute Force 750 that is jetted, has a dynatech cdi, and filter only averaging 1-2 lengths on me. CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO PROOF!

and you're comfortable with the quality of Yamaha, sometimes I question it.</end quote></div>

Yamaha quality is worlds above Polaris...and I don't question that.

The only real nice thing about the Polaris is how smooth of a ride it gives, and the closeable storage.</end quote></div>

I agree here. And...the Polaris is the ONLY other machine that has a snorkel system as good as the Grizz 700. The Grizz does feel like a sports car in comparison when you look at handling and cornering. It will run circles around a Polaris....but the Polaris does have suspension.

and if the Yamaha actually had the power of a 700 I would feel similarly about the Yamaha.</end quote></div>

Again... CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO PROOF!

As is stands, aside from the price tag of the Can Am, I think it's a better machine.</end quote></div>

First off...he was asking between a Polaris and a Grizz 700. Who ever mentioned Can-Am? I think the ONLY thing the Can-Am has over the competition is it's motor. The Grizz has it beat in just about everything else. The Grizz has won just about all the 7+ shootouts it has entered. So I guess all these companies are lieing?

Bottom line...Grizz 700 all the way.

Old 05-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SUBSEVEN

The Yamaha is good all the way around as long as you're satisfied with the okay power you get from it</end quote></div>

The Grizzly is no slouch. I can show you video of a Brute Force 750 that is jetted, has a dynatech cdi, and filter only averaging 1-2 lengths on me. CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO PROOF!

I pretty much agree with everything you said, however I beat a 700griz by the same distance (1-3 quad lengths) with my 750 before adding the moose ignition module or the jet kit. Afterwards, it is more like 4-5 quad lengths. Maybe each quad is tuned slightly different, but I have doen this a few times.

This doesn't not mean in no way the 700griz is not good. Remember, it is not all about power as my bf750 has shown me. The griz700 is a very good complete package quad. If one looks for power only, then the bf750/650 and can-am 800/650 are the way to go. If one is looking for the best ride and storage and towing, polaris 800/700 are the way to go. If one is looking for an all around quad, then the griz700, kq700 or the 680 rincon are the way to go.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

so basically i own a 2006 grizzly 660 right now. and i have owned yamaha for years. but i did buy a polaris once and only had it for a coupel months... i didnt really like it. so i sold it and bought my grizzly. that grizzlys got some great power and inn incredibly light i could care less about towing because it powers right through the corners like nothin and it handles mud just like any other 4-wheeler with plenty of power to spin the tires. the fuel injection and the power steering have really bumped up the grizzly i tried one at the dealer and feel in love with it right there. power steering not totally nesessary but it sure feels great. for how i rid i'd go with the yamaha anyday for trails i mean if your going to go do alot of pulling get the polaris i guess. but i've gone to polaris but.. not goin back the comfort level on the grizzly in amazing. like the 4-wheel drive system from the grizzly 700 in unbeatable it all on command so you know when you push the button in you know what to expect plus they got the on command diff lock button where it locks all the wheels together with no slipping its in credible i swear by my grizzly and i am waiting for Yamaha's 2008 line of 4-wheelers to come out so i can possibly buy another one.. Polaris does make a good 4-wheeler alot of my friends have them, i've had them and i've tried theirs out but i still like mine better, plus the new grizzly has the fuel tank moved down under the seat for added lower center of gravity. the grizzly 700 is an all new machine i think its great. but polaris does have the bigger engine but the power to weight ratio is real good on my grizzly dry weight of 600 lbs and polaris can't beat that unless you want weight for towing but in mud and water they must sink, well more than the yamaha i guess. but i will say the stock tires on yamaha 4-wheelers suck i just bought some niice ITP mudlite XTR and those add to your traction alot.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider

Well it looks like the grizz won

Old 05-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

700v - The Renegade will take the outtie out of the hole by a length. The mid and top are very simlar