Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Which 2007 650cc+ utility quad to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 03:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which 2007 650cc+ utility quad to buy?

you'd be a freaking idiot to not look at all of the bikes offered

Yamaha Grizz is the one to have right now, but unfortunatly the racks and hitch blow imo so if that is super important (which it should be or just get yourself a blaster) get the AC 650 whatever

stay away form the over inflated over priced junk of BRP (can am)

they so over hyped it's a freaking joke, so what if it's got a bunch of hp....don't make it a good work/hunt/farm rig.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I also like the Arctic Cats. And 2manytoys, Im betting that IS motof150 under a new name

Old 05-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

stay away form the over inflated over priced junk of BRP (can am)

they so over hyped it's a freaking joke, so what if it's got a bunch of hp....don't make it a good work/hunt/farm rig.
funny how with 200 pounds of gear on my racks my buds 660 grissly couldn't make it up the same hills i did. not to worry though i turned around at the top to winch him up and over.and hp is what you need for everything. i never say anything about any makes on this forum just what i know about with mine. now that being said. i looked at every model before i bought mine. with the winch,racks,bumpers,mag wheels,efiand independent suspension it was cheaper then any model i could of gotten when figuring in all the extras.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

HP & TRQ can get you a long ways on a quad. So can dependability. I kinda wish i had a solid axle/chain drivin again... no wry's at all

Old 05-30-2007, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

Well, dunno how to respond Dufrane

dunno why your buddy didn't make it up the same hills as you did without being there. Either his mangina was dragging him down or the Grizz was coming over backwards. Didn't say if his racks were loaded, if he weighed the same as you, tires, or 1 of 1,000,000,000 factors that could cause a situation as what your describing.

Old 05-30-2007, 02:53 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Steveo10
I kinda wish i had a solid axle/chain drivin again... no wry's at all</end quote></div>

UGH. You can have 'em. I've got a Polaris 425 Magnum 4x4 with chain drive. My first chain drive machine in years. I've forgotten how they suck. Constantly worrying about making sure the chain is properly tensioned or you'll wreck sprockets. On the 4x4 this is difficult since they're hard to get to. The whole procedure for checking and tightening the three chains is time consuming and somewhat complicated.

I kinda like this machine and I got it cheap as a project to turn into a farm chore ATV that works double duty as a playtoy but a couple more chain adjustments or chain slipping incidents and it's going - project or no project, deal or no deal.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

V2, who you talking is MOTOf150?

Old 05-30-2007, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

Thatz tru about the chain drive... but some polaris owners wish they could do something about their belt drive

Old 05-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

If you read dirtwheels mag gon on there website and get the 650/700 shoutout

The winners grizzly,sportsman,rubicon,brute force,can am,and the last arctic cat I would get the grizzly or sportsman. I am 95% sure that the grizz is the utility atv of the year

Old 05-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: EigerJoe

You don't need a 650 cc or bigger!
A 400 cc Suzuki Eiger will do anything any full size quad will do!
An Eiger will tow the same weight, go through any mud hole and climb any hill that any quad will do.
The only thing a bigger quad will do better is a higher top speed.
But? Ask yourself? Do you want a quad that has a 10 mph faster top speed?
NO! I don't think so! I think your a man with common sence knowing riding any 4x4 ATV you will spend 99% of your time riding it slow in rough conditions.
The top speed on my Eiger is 55 mph, but only had it at that speed just once.
When everybody is riding through the woods the max speed for any ATV is less than 15 mph
I have seen grown men cry real tears when my Eiger will out-perform their full size quad.
Don't get me wrong, I understand the pride they have owning a full size quad, but owning the best and most powerfull quad won't make you a better and a fearless rider, the same way if a mechanic owns the best and most expensive tools don't make him a better mechanic.
Save your money, buy a Suzuki Eiger, you will ride it with a smile on your face knowing you paid less and it will do the same job any other quad will do.

Thank You

Eiger Joe</end quote></div>

Whoa, 55mph, that is pretty fast for a 400, most do 50-52 because of gearing and rev-limiters. I love the Eiger so don't get me wrong. But there is no way that an Eiger can out do an Arctic Cat in the rough stuff. The Cat has 3 to 4 inches more ground clearance, has 3 inches more of articulated wheel travel. (check my pictures out and tell me that an Eiger can get 11 to 12 inches of wheel travel and still have all tires still touching the ground) And with an 04 and up, AC's have a true front locker. The Eiger is a formidable trail machine but is lacking as a true 'off-road' machine and certainly doesn't have the Artic Cats abilities.

True in the rough stuff it is better to have too little power than too much (too much power works against you most of the time - there are exceptions to every rule though) and again a bigger engine for the most part just means more speed and possibly more towing capacity (and naturally easier wheelies if you are into that stuff), not necessarily a better machine.

Quick Reply: Which 2007 650cc+ utility quad to buy?