Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

What GPS are you using?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What GPS are you using?

I want one because my Grizzly 350 has no speedometer and Michigan is pretty flat. Too easy to get lost. What GPS unit are you using and what made you buy that particular unit? There are a lot of marked trails here, can you get a GPS with the road map function that will show the trails?

Old 05-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the Lowerance H2OC (color)
I bought the Topo SD card which gives great detail on the trails in my area.........Also bought the R.A.M. handlebar mount...GREAT......................This GPS has the buttons on the front for easy use while riding............Any questions just ask!!!.....Caper..........

Comes with 12 volt plug in also ......Does your quad have 12 volt outlet??

Old 05-21-2007, 10:56 PM
Trailblazer

Caper,

Where are you riding? I just moved to Michigans' upper peninsula. I don't have a 12 volt outlet. I'm going to pour another JB and Coke and check out that GPS. The problem is not that I have never used one, I'm in the Coast Guard so I have to use the ones they buy for the boats.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:05 PM

I am in Ontario Canada..........I never used one up until I bought this one.......One guy I rode with had the older Black/white one(H2O) and I seen how it makes the line on the screen when riding so you can always find your way back if you like to go off the path and explorer

I still don't know how to use everything.......YET!!!...LOL..LOL

One other thing I should tell you that might be of intrest........The Topo S/D card I have will point out Shipwrecks in the Great Lakes that went down If you are a diver........Also has All the points of intrest..........Gas,Shopping,lodding,ETC...Your can search for these things .......So you can look up a pizza place when travelling out of town...........Gives you the phone number,Address.......Even will find on map and show you how to get there if you want!!!....Caper.......

Old 05-21-2007, 11:07 PM

You can hook up a 12 volt outlet with no trouble at all...........Caper.........

Old 05-22-2007, 01:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

I have a Garmin 76CSX. This is an all around unit. You can use it on the road or the trail or on a boat. It also floats. It's super nice and I love it.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Range Rover

I have a Garmin Map 60 CS. The newer model is the Map 60 CSX. I researched these to death before I bought mine. I use it when we ride up in the mountains. I installed the maps for that area which has all the trails and points of interest on the maps. For portable GPS, you can't beat a Garmin. I also have one for my truck, and for that I prefer Magellan.

Trending Topics

Old 05-30-2007, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

I agree 1000% with 1tonchev

I have a Garmin GPSMap 60Cx and Love it!! It is accurate, picks up satellites within 1 minute of being turned on, still maintains connection to satellites under heavy tree cover. It is VERY EASY to use... I am very happy with my purchase!

Old 05-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have a Magellan Explorist 500LE and love it. Rugged and waterproof are a plus

Old 05-30-2007, 11:58 PM

Everybody is going to "LOVE" the G.P.S. that they own!!!!!!!!!........Just like your quad!!....Right....Caper...