Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

When do you really need 4wd

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 03:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When do you really need 4wd

I'd buy a Polaris Scrambler 4x4. Sporty but with 4WD, and not a bank buster like the Renegade (which is an outstanding machine).

Old 10-19-2007, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

no... I'm far from rich... All the quads are paid for, but a couple I bought with my dad for him to use and when he was killed in an atv accident last year, they went from his and mine, to just mine...

Old 10-19-2007, 11:55 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Hebs, Hope you don,t mined I used one of you Pics to show a point.

4WD looks handy here, and I don,t care how expert a person is with 2wd you just can,t beat the law of physics sometimes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Range Rover

hey man i would get a polaris scramler 500 4x4 because there pretty fast and have 4x4.i have one and i can out run a yfz and go through mud which is great

Old 10-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Hebs

no... I'm far from rich... All the quads are paid for, but a couple I bought with my dad for him to use and when he was killed in an atv accident last year, they went from his and mine, to just mine...</end quote></div>

Dang, I'm sorry to hear that.
I'm at a loss for words as to what else to say.

It's good you still ride though.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hebs i'm sorry to hear that your Dad was killed in a atv accident , i know how you must've felt loosing your Dad ; i lost my elest brother Roy and my Dad in 1979 just 6 day's apart ! My Brother Roy who passed away from a Massive Heart Attack October 2nd 1979 at the age of 28 yrs old , and my Dad passed away just 6 day's later on October 8th 1979 from Lung Cance at the age of 57 yrs oldr it was one of the worst and saddest day's in my families life ; more so than the day i lost my leg's in an automobile accident on March 2nd 1975 at the age of 21 yrs old ! And about the post on when do you really need a 4 wheel drive , it's all in who you are and how you ride and where you ride ; and in what Brand make and model you like best ! It's all up to the person who's looking to by what they know they need for a fun time riding what they chose to buy , 4x4 or not 4x4 that is the question ; and the answer is in the rider to choose ! ...........

Old 10-21-2007, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the kind words... and it definitely sounds like Williebee has had it worse than me...

TLC, nah, I don't mind ya using the pic... And you're right... I wouldn't recommend 2wd in those conditions... lol (especially when you're towing someone thru it like I had to because they had drowned out their quad)

I also have to laugh at the guy who said he can outrun a yfz with a scrambler 4x4...