Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

whats the best

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the best

even though i have a kfx 700 i would have to say i like yamahas the best i hate polaris after it ate $1400 worth of parts the first 2 weeks i had it

Old 06-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default whats the best

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: yamaharap

even though i have a kfx 700 i would have to say i like yamahas the best i hate polaris after it ate $1400 worth of parts the first 2 weeks i had it</end quote></div>

Care to tell us why you ate these parts? Did you wreck it or was it used when you bought it, please explain?

Old 06-15-2008, 03:30 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default whats the best

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hddoperator

even though i have a kfx 700 i would have to say i like yamahas the best i hate polaris after it ate $1400 worth of parts the first 2 weeks i had it</end quote></div>

Care to tell us why you ate these parts? Did you wreck it or was it used when you bought it, please explain?</end quote></div>

I was hoping you'd get an answer by now. I didn't need that many parts in 11 years and thousands of miles. Maybe he crashed into a train but it's Polaris' fault for building a bad quad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default whats the best

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

Yeah my thoughts exactly Jumbo.

Care to tell us why you ate these parts? Did you wreck it or was it used when you bought it, please explain?</end quote></div>

I was hoping you'd get an answer by now. I didn't need that many parts in 11 years and thousands of miles. Maybe he crashed into a train but it's Polaris' fault for building a bad quad. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Old 06-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Moto Psycho
Default whats the best

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

Yeah my thoughts exactly Jumbo.

I was hoping you'd get an answer by now. I didn't need that many parts in 11 years and thousands of miles. Maybe he crashed into a train but it's Polaris' fault for building a bad quad. [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div></end quote></div>

I guess we both just have to wait some more. I wonder how many times you can quote a qoute? I think maybe one more time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default whats the best

LOL....yeah it's getting hard to figure out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default whats the best

I'm new to the atv world, but have been riding trails most of my life on 2 wheels. I haven't seen anyone mention the suzuki king quad yet, so I thought I should represent!

I just picked up my king quad 450 this weekend, but when you compare the specs and what you get for the price, i'm convinced it's the best deal out as far as midsize atv's go.

Old 06-17-2008, 01:44 AM
Moto Psycho
Default whats the best

Welcome to the forum Bullwinkle. I wish you good luck with your quad and hope it's the best for you. I have to wait until the end of the month when what's best for me comes in. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Trailblazer
Default whats the best

Thanks for the welcome. It's going to be used for trail riding with my quad buddies & hauling game out of the back country, so it should fit the bill.

All machines have their pros & cons. The reliability you get out of anything comes down to maintenance, how you ride/use it, and luck of the draw. All brands have lemons, but at least 95% of what any major brand has in production are not lemons. Keep in mind you normally only hear from the ones who have something to complain about.

So like others have said, to pick "the best" you have to choose the atv with the features you want. Some people may not be comfortable with fuel injection, some may want more ground clearance, or towing capacity, some may want to shift manually, and some are stuck on a perceived or past reputation.

(Cliff notes: No one can decide for you.)

Old 06-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Range Rover
Default whats the best

Well put!! I have had Honda, yamaha, arctic cat, and my father in law had a suzuki! All of them are good choices you just have shop around and see which one really fits your needs and wants. Next take care of it and it will take care of you!