Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

What would you like to see?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you like to see?

Hey guys,

I know I'm just a new member, but me and a friend have been designing utility and sport ATV's and UTV's for a couple years now (really as a hobby, though), and I was wondering...what kind of things would you like to see on a new Utility UTV? I'll consider anything at all.

Thanks!
-Nate

Old 01-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

The utility and ability to change into a 2-up like the Sportsman X2. The comfort of a Polaris Sportsman along with their on board storage options. It would have a CanAm 800 engine but with a Polaris strong frame. Also, the 6 gallon tank of the previous (before XP) version of the X2. Power steering would be nice also.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Pro Rider

On the fly adjustable suspension. Not just air shocks to raise and lower the height but a way to change stiffness as well. It would be great to be able to simply and quickly compensate for changing terrain conditions as well as changing loads resulting from loads on the racks, snowplows, trailers etc.

On board air compressor would be nice for airing up tires or for suspension adjustment.

Central tire inflation. It would be nice to be able to adjust the front and rear tire pressure independently while on the go to compensate for changing conditions.

A pod/handle bar mounted light as many models have but with the ability to raise and lower it so as to clear loads on the font rack.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Moose, that was actually an idea I had from the get-go. I'll see if I can work in that much storage into a quad.

Quint, I like the air compressor idea. That could also work into an air-bag suspension, which I think, if set up correctly, would meet your needs. If I ever actually build these designs, I'll be sure to let you try it out and see what you think.