Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

2004 Honda TRX400FGA Petcock Valve Marking Opposite of body?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 03:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Honda TRX400FGA Petcock Valve Marking Opposite of body?

Ok guys, Time to school me on something simplistically stupid that I can't wrap my head around. I bought petcock valve designated to be for the 2004 TRX400FGA ATV.. When I get it, i'm looking at the markings on the valve for ON/RES/OFF..

On the valve it shows the ON at 12oclock.... OFF at 3oclock and RES at 6oclock.

On the Body markings show ON at 6oclock.... OFF at 9oclock and RES at 12oclock..

I can further say that with the value ALL they counter clockwise with (based on the body markings is ON (on the valve it points to RES, I think)).

A 90 degree turn clock wise would be OFF on the body markings (BLANK on the value, which is actually 180 degrees from the OFF indicator on the Valve)

Another 90 degree turn clock wise would be RES on the body marking (ON indication on the value)

How do I need to looking at this? There is a rounded corner on the value handle mount but nothing that tells me the true ON position of the value based on that rounded corner. Um, I know i'm going to get shun'd for this one.. heheeheh. Directions anyone? hehehe

Sorry one other notation, the new valve does have the same markings as the one on the ATV.