Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Wind shield/ fairing

Old 02-09-2003, 06:15 PM
lax
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wind shield/ fairing

I recently saw a nice looking fairing on a web site and now I can't find that site anymore . If anyone has an answer I would appreciate it . What the fairing looked like was a solid bottom and the mirrors and hand guards were all intergrated into it, hopefully someone else has seen this, also the headlight cut out was really wll fitted and the fairing body did have some angle design incorperated. Sorta looked like a harley fairing.

Old 02-09-2003, 06:22 PM
Range Rover

Try Cabela's they have several fairings listed in their catalog.

Old 02-11-2003, 12:56 PM
Trailblazer

Cabela's has a fairing / windshield integrated with storage box. It's made by RK Industries in Canada. (Don't try calling RK for replacement parts unless you're fluent in French, none of them speak English!).

Tip-if you buy this fairing and need a replacement windshield, don't by it from Cabela's for $47.00 plus shipping, you can go to Lowe's, Home Depot, or similar and for around $8 cut your own from a piece of 18" x 24" plastic. I replace my windshield at least once or twice a year. You'll get scratches from tree branches, etc. Either one of the two places mentioned will also have the well nuts which are preferred for attaching the windshield to the storage box lid, when replacement is required.

You might also be thinking of a fairing produced by Polytech, their web site is www.polyskid.com They've got a very rugged looking fairing, but, doesn't have the enclosed storage capacity of the RK unit. The last time I looked, it was around $300, and has some integrated storage units which include cup holders, trays, etc.

By the way, the RK (Cabela's) is large enough that I've loaded spare helmets, gloves, food, sleeping bag, and, I even put a small chain saw inside and still got the lid closed without any problem. You can make it vertually waterproof by adding some window insulation around the lid closure. You'll need to attach it with silicone though, the self-adhesive insulation weather stripping won't stay in place.

Old 02-12-2003, 03:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Motovan makes a nice fairing like you described. It has the fairing, windshield and mirrors. They go on and come off easy. You can see some pictures at motovan.com but you can't order from them unless you are a dealer. I know Shadetree carries them and the public can buy from them, they're around $150.

Old 02-12-2003, 05:39 PM
Range Rover
Old 02-12-2003, 06:20 PM
Trailblazer

J R Graham is another company that has what 400cat is talking about. They call it MTV fairings in the magazine which I'm sure means Motovan.

They are $179.95 and come in different variations.

Website is www.jrgraham.com

Old 02-13-2003, 06:07 AM
Range Rover

One of the sponsors to this website sells those fairings. I would like to have one myself , keep an eye out for it on the banner at the top of the home page. I just seen it a couple days ago, and that Shadetree place that 400 Cat mentioned is another place to get them.
Or get your dealer to get one through Parts Unlimited. I saved a pic off some site of a red one on a foreman with white foreman stickers on the fairing that looked pretty sharp.

Old 02-13-2003, 10:09 AM
lax
Weekend Warrior

Thanks guys I think I am going to get the MTV model. It should make the rides across the lake a little more bearable for ice fishing.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Those nice & strong fairings are made in Canada by VIP-AIR ATV Windshields. You will find your model on our website www.vip-air.com , shipping to USA once a week, you can order through our website or on the phone.

For more information do not hesitate to contact us.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow. I've seen some old threads come back to life but damn, you just resurrected a 10 year old thread.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wind shield/ fairing