Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

polaris yamaha kawasaki which one???????

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 09:34 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default polaris yamaha kawasaki which one???????

if you guys only knew how hard I usually try to buy things made in america, you would understand. Somethings though you just can't help it. I almost bought an artic Cat for that same reasoning, but didn't like the ride. i'm not going to be uncomfortable or have high repair bills to suit anyone. I don't have the change.

Old 03-16-2003, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

OK lets talk about this "North America" jobs: Does anyone know how many employees and dealership each manufacture has? I think the stat on this could be interesting.

Old 03-16-2003, 11:15 PM
Range Rover

somtimes you gotta do what you gotta do bro! www.yamaha.com

Old 03-16-2003, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, you said it Hellfish. Screw that dang ole American economy. Who needs it?

Old 03-16-2003, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

this is off the the topic at hand but getting back to the original question, for a straight utility use, low maintenance, great power, low gear, auto, no belt, Honda Rubicon is the way to go. i call it the dummy quad cause you can do anything with it, it will never breath hard, whimper, squel(belt), or die. I truly believe that in Japanese "Honda" means invulnerable. this machine is bulletproof. i've taken it to some serious rock hounding, deep mud( yes i have gotten stuck sometimes ) water over the racks and not one funny noise, no hesitation, no nothing. ive used it for utility work as well, heavy loads, heavy tows. I have done EVERYTHING to this quad and i get off it and i look at it and it smiles and asks for more!!!!!!!!!! this quad is about as maintenance free as you get. this just my opinion, friends have polaris 500's, grizzly's, praire's and they are all great now the rincon is another story, haven't seen it on the trails yet or ridden one so i take everyones reviews with a grain of salt. good luck in choosing a quad that YOU like and works for YOU.

Old 03-17-2003, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

Ever wonder why Polaris uses FUJI engines on all there stuff? I know that they bought some of the tooling and such but most of the motors are still " MADE IN JAPAN". Dont get me wrong, made in Japan is by far better than korea or china. But still to emphasize " Made in USA" is a bit of a overstatement. Dont you think?

Old 03-17-2003, 12:10 AM
Range Rover

i dont see why you relly care if it is made in the usa or not all i care about is if it is a great atv for what you are doing with it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2003, 12:18 AM
Range Rover

well said bombds650god...I'm not buying less atv for more money i don't care if my brother made the*amn thing's!!!

Old 03-17-2003, 03:17 PM
Range Rover

Well I do know that alot of jobs were created in Georgia at the Yamaha plant, if we just bought American names half or more of the country would be out of work. If it's made or put together in America than it's American made to me! I believe in supporting the American workforce and by Buying the Yamaha's I HAVE!!!! I know some American companies that have their products made in Mexico to save money and put good working American's out of work, I could go on forever on this subject but I think I made my point.

Old 03-17-2003, 10:32 PM
Range Rover

yeah but if im not misstaken Haymaker Yamaha in the usa is a branch from Japan. i could be rong?

Quick Reply: polaris yamaha kawasaki which one???????